• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best non-delta fan for the SLK-800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

Is the slk-800 only good with those 50db delta's or do they still perform well with a 80mm fan that runs at highest 30dB.

32dB is the ABSOLUTE LIMIT, I spent $20 on speed switches for my two thermal take HSF 7200rpm models, I'm not making the 7200 rpm mistake again.

Bon3thugz43v3r

Use whatever you like. It works great with any fan above 35 cfm
I would go for smartfan 2 for Noise/Performance Ratio, or I would go for Vantec Tornado if you want great performance but alot of noise.

Jkasmann

Registered
haha, if you dont want noise, dont get a tornado. I agree, any old fan should do, just find one with a good CFM-noise ratio. There are a few that push ~40cfm @ 32dba, or you can get an adjustable. If youre looking to overclock some id stay away from very low output (like vantec stealths). Some would also recommend a large fan with converter (120mm-80mm) but I have not tried this myself, might be a good choice for less noise and more performance.

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
DO NOT go with the Smart Fan II if you're looking for best performance. While it works plenty fine and will let you overclock and the manual control feature is great, they do not perform well together. If you need absolute great performance, get a Tornado. If you need it to be adjustable, get a rheostat.

Z

wildfrogman

You could 7 or 5 volt mod a vantec tornado. I have a high flow delta and it works just fine at 5 or 7 volts. 5 volts is quiter than a panaflo and puts out a tiny bit more airflow, i would say almost 30 cfm. 7v would be the best cfm balance. Around high 40ish cfm and not loud at all. And you could flip a switch for sleep and down to 5v if it cools ok then up to 7 or 12v if your airconditioning broke~over to friends house LANing that is hot etc.