• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OC tool for radeon 8500le

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quick_lude

Registered
Hi guys.. newbie here.. I have the 8500LE also and the rage3d tool.. It's reporting 250/250 freqs.
Two questions:
How do you get the memory clock to double as I've seen others report?
In what increments should I be overclocking? 1,2,5,10?
I'll be using stock cooling.
Thank you for any help. :)

Fred Koser

The memory is DDR so you will see 250mhz referred to as 500mhz. You DON'T want to try to double the # you see in the Rage3d tool. :) That would be,. . .bad. Take a look here:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125340

See what other people with a similar card are getting and slowly push your card up to that neighborhood. I'd say steps of 10 at first, then maybe 5 as you get towards the goal. Run Artifact Tester, or loops of 3DMark2001se and watch for weird white junk on the screen. This will be the first sign that your Mem is clocked too high. Crashing, or hard-locks are usually the result of the GPU being too high. You may want to look for a good article on Vid' Card OC'ing as there are probably things I've failed to mention. . .Good Luck!

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Fred Koser said:
The memory is DDR so you will see 250mhz referred to as 500mhz. You DON'T want to try to double the # you see in the Rage3d tool. :) That would be,. . .bad. Take a look here:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125340

See what other people with a similar card are getting and slowly push your card up to that neighborhood. I'd say steps of 10 at first, then maybe 5 as you get towards the goal. Run Artifact Tester, or loops of 3DMark2001se and watch for weird white junk on the screen. This will be the first sign that your Mem is clocked too high. Crashing, or hard-locks are usually the result of the GPU being too high. You may want to look for a good article on Vid' Card OC'ing as there are probably things I've failed to mention. . .Good Luck!

Good advise just remember artifacts can be all sorts of colors, or degradation.

In the 3dmark2001 scene with the hundred clones shooting each other is one I usually pay particular attention to as if there is artifacts you should be able to see it on that sequence.