• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OC vid card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xevuhtess7

im planning to build a rig probably about march or april next year. what will be the best ocing vid card? i know right now the ti4200 is a winner hands down but what will nv30 and r300 be like for ocing? any word on a budget card like the 4200 for those two new ones? (looking for $150 card)

Xevuhtess7 said:
im planning to build a rig probably about march or april next year. what will be the best ocing vid card? i know right now the ti4200 is a winner hands down but what will nv30 and r300 be like for ocing? any word on a budget card like the 4200 for those two new ones? (looking for $150 card)

The R300 is a great Oclocker, it's presently known as the R9700PRO, but the card I'd get, if I was in the market, is the R9700(non-pro)

As far as the NV30..your guess is as good as mine....

woops.... i thought that the 9700 was codenamed r275 or sumtin, got confused so i thought r300 was the next ati card... how good is the non pro 9700?

vid cards prices will drop dramatically and the new ati and nvidia cars will be out by then. Only time will show which one is the best

hmm.. just read a preview thing over at anandtech for the 9500 pro.. it looks like a pretty good overclocker.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1735

it was able to hit 351/635..... although its only a refernce card but i hope the actual one will be like that, looks like a 200 suggested retail price, probably 170 actual... this could be a good oc choice...

Asking what will be the best overclocking card out in April 2003 is quite a silly question. A lot of cards will be out by then that aren't out now.. You can't get any real answers..yet...;)

Back