• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Optical Mouse??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
slim_lim said:
I just plain don't like like optical mice and wouldn't recommend them. They lose trackng when you move them really fast.

I disagree here. If you use it on a glossy surface this may be true. I just use mine on a white sheet of paper, and I couldn't lose tracking if I tried. Optical mice can be used on nearly any surface when needed(Mine even works flawlessly on carpet). I recommend having an optimal surface for extreme performance. Another advantage is that you never have to clean a wretched mouseball.

I remember I had that problem on the first optical I used, but that was when they first came out.

I like my Microsoft intellimouse Explorer I got it when it cost $80.. Still works nicely... The silver finnish is starting to wear off a little on the Right mouse button.

i have an Intellimouse explorer optical 3.0 on the way from newegg. 30 bones, not too bad.
free if u count that newegg owes me 40$, ill post on how good it is witht the extra buttons, i think ill like them
-Malakai

i just got my logitech 2x optical today and all i can say is that i am very impressed. Best mouse i have ever used.

wow, 40, 80 for a intellimouse? man i think i got mine for 25 about 5 monthes ago.

I dont know if the other meece's do this, but u can also program the buttons for games u play, although i dont use this(2 lazy), its a nice feature

Ice_Gargoylle said:
wow, 40, 80 for a intellimouse? man i think i got mine for 25 about 5 monthes ago.

I dont know if the other meece's do this, but u can also program the buttons for games u play, although i dont use this(2 lazy), its a nice feature

I said I got mine when they first came out...So I had to pay a higher price...Just like the New geforce 4's... They are $400 wait 2 years or so and they will be around $100.... Supply and Demand can take a role in this..

yup, u are prolly right. I live in a cave and rarely come out, so when i bought it, i thot it was fairly new product cuz i had nvr seen them before;)

and then the next time i go, the got cordless stuff, wth and where have i been
1 hahaha

Thanx for all the feedback. I went to fry's yesterday and got me a Microsoft IntelliMouse which is regularly $39.95 for $22.49!:D Cheaper than the Logitech! So the price and the RMA convinced me to go with Micro$oft. I originally was going to get the Logitech 2x but it was $49.99.:eek:

Yeah I have nothing to say but good stuff about their tech support..To make a long story short.. My Power adaptor for my Force feedback joystick went out at my aunts's house because of the old wall sockets.. So I thew my joytick in my closet for 2 years..Then pulled it out again because I wanted to use it...Anyway..I found a number for their tech support told them the problem and they said they will ship it free and it was at my door The day after next.. and it was free!

JzAr said:
Thanx for all the feedback. I went to fry's yesterday and got me a Microsoft IntelliMouse which is regularly $39.95 for $22.49!:D Cheaper than the Logitech! So the price and the RMA convinced me to go with Micro$oft. I originally was going to get the Logitech 2x but it was $49.99.:eek:

49.99 i payed 30 for mine and it was not on sale.

My last 2 mice have been Logitech and nothing but praise. Cordless optical now but I tell you the thing is a battery hog.

I tried the Microsoft equivalent and it didnt have the same feel as the Mouseman.

I'm currently using a MS Trackball Optical, and I like it a bunch. Don't have to move the mouse around anymore, just the ball. Doesn't loose track when going fast either. The only downside is you have to clean the crap off the trackball every so often.

Lou Natic said:
I'm currently using a MS Trackball Optical, and I like it a bunch. Don't have to move the mouse around anymore, just the ball. Doesn't loose track when going fast either. The only downside is you have to clean the crap off the trackball every so often.

i actually have my 2x optical and my marble mouse hooked up at the same time... i find that web browsing is much better when you just have to use one finder instead of moving the whole mouse:) , maybe i am just lazy as it gets later.

the intellimouse explorer 3.0 is really good. i like it. this natural elite keyboard i dont know about thiugh. anyone else use these things? do u get used to them?
oh, and is it better for the mouses performance to plug it into a usb port, or is ps/2 fine?
-Malakai

My logitech Optical mouse is the greatest thing ever....
I cant stand ball mice anymore, dont work right :p
I goda work with 'normal' mice at school, wish I could bring my mouse in :p

i have a logitech cordless trackball that i'm very happy with. batterys last about 2 months. last time i looked it was like $60 though, and it does loose tracking when you move it really fast, but i don't game that much so it doesn't bother me.

Back