• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Over The Air HDTV Tuner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

Right now I use Windows media center to watch all my moves, music, photos and such That I have saved on my network. I just recently setup windows media center to also run my Netflix and now my Hulu desktop as well. My question is I now want to be able to watch the free local over the air stations so I can watch my local news as well as the HD channels.
(We get about 15 free local HD channels in Vegas).

What HD Tuner would you all recommend as the best?
I no longer have a cable box so It will need an antana in order to pick of the over the air stations.

Specs in Sig

Thanks,

Randyman...

I personally love my Happauge 2250's. They are a PCIe x1, have dual tuners for ATSC OTA HD (only need 1 antenna input), and also have Analog A/V inputs if you need them. Works well in W7. I initially tried the Avery Hybrid something or another, and it wouldn't pick up any channels (0% signal on all channels). I swapped it for the 2250, and everything just worked. Go figure...

:cool:

ogboot

+1 for the hauppage, that's what i'm using in my HTPC to get the network channels that i can't get with directv.

somegeek

I personally love my Happauge 2250's. They are a PCIe x1, have dual tuners for ATSC OTA HD (only need 1 antenna input), and also have Analog A/V inputs if you need them. Works well in W7. I initially tried the Avery Hybrid something or another, and it wouldn't pick up any channels (0% signal on all channels). I swapped it for the 2250, and everything just worked. Go figure...

:cool:

Read about some gripes regarding remote input lag. Is this common or isolated? Pondering picking up this 2250 for my HTPC build.

Thanks,
somegeek