• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best P4 Heatsink/Fan Combo using less than 45db???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcortz_2000

Hi All,

I have ordered the following and the only left to order is Heatsink/Fan combo...

Abit IC7
2.6C 800
2 x 256MB OCZ PC-3700 Gold kit

I am looking for the absolute best Heatsink/Fan combo without breaking 45db (if possible)

I have heard great things about the SLK900 U and the mcx4000.
Putting price aside which of these 2, or maybe other option...

and....

Which fan, preferably adjustable.....
80mm?? 92mm?? should I use....

I have heard good things about Sunon, Panflow, Tornados etc...

It also has to be able to fit on the IC7.....

Thanks for any help in advance........:) :)

slk900u all the way.... and a 92mm fan...

at sidewindercomputers.com theres a sanyo denki, i think it meets your specs... i myself will get a 92mm tornado and control speed with my nexus multipanel... you could get a reostat...

why the tornado over the sanyo denki??? mainly because its wider 92x38 opposed to 92x32... i wouldnt use it at full speed anyway

just for reference, the very most i can stand to sleep aside a comp in my room is 35db... that means i have to use my 80mm tornado down to 2850 rpm

Phob and I agree on the 92mm fan, at least. ;)

I'd vote for a Swiftech MCX4000 with a Panaflo H1A. This fan is rated at 57CFM and 35db.

BHD

yea you can get a panflo fan linkie and the slk 900U. thats 10 db quieter and should offer pretty good cooling

Is the Panflo good enough for serious overclocking....

say running the P42.6C @3500........(or close to it)

If not then what is.......

Yes, it will. Intel OC's typically don't live and die by the strength of the fan :) The SLK900 and the MCX4000 are both extremely good, either one would serve you well.

larva said:
Yes, it will. Intel OC's typically don't live and die by the strength of the fan :) The SLK900 and the MCX4000 are both extremely good, either one would serve you well.

Ok so I have sorted out the heatsinks but I have yet to completely decide on the fan....

The Panflo seems really good...

Is there a speed controlled version of this or is there a fan with similar specs that has fan speed control....?

Again I would like to thank all those with reply's.....:)

take this as a grain of salt... i wouldnt get the panaflo since the sanyo denki has good ratio still, rpm monitoring and its wider, nothing any reobus cant fix

BaldHeadedDork said:
Phob and I agree on the 92mm fan, at least. ;)

I'd vote for a Swiftech MCX4000 with a Panaflo H1A. This fan is rated at 57CFM and 35db.

BHD

thats my opinion too

mcortz_2000 said:

Will that fit on my IC7.....

How close in performance to the MCX4000 and SLK900U is it?

No worries, I just read the weight on that sucker....

Over 700 grams is way to heavy....
I move my pc around so this choice is out of the question for me.

Yep it fits. The Zalman site has a list of boards that don't work with it.

mcortz_2000 said:

Will that fit on my IC7.....

How close in performance to the MCX4000 and SLK900U is it?

if ur worried about weight and u move ur PC a lot, id say get a mcx4000B or alpha pal 8942.. i dont trust that slk900u even though i should. :p

Zalman CNPS7000 ALCu? Weighs less than the Cu version by almost half.

-Bobby

Back