• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PC speakers, what's your opinion?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmdOCer

Wow, I can't believe it when I saw the price for these speakers. I have read many excellent reviews on these speakers and were told that they cost about $600 in the U.S. I did a search on yahoo and found that www.buypcdirect.com was selling these for only $309!!! That's an insane price for these speakers. Just look at all the reviews out there for them in yahoo.com search review . These are premium speakers for pc and home entertainment. I just ordered from them today, and they said that it has been shipped already from there warehouse, but I got to wait for the brackets for a few days because they're coming from the U.K. They have a great customer service, I emailed them about the speakers and they told me that they had in stock right now- if you have any questions talk to CSR- James- he handle all my question promply. I should be getting these speakers by the end of this week- i'll follow up on them. If you heard of these videologic dts speakers before, what do you think about them?What do you guys think are the best pc speakers out there that are under $350?

1 vote for Videologic dts
Thanks

Hookem

Never heard those, but out of all the speakers that I have heard the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1's absolutely destroy anything that I have heard anyway. I like the sound of the LogicTechs but everyone I know that has them have started sounding like...well you know I am talking about. I love mine they rock for computer speakers. The ProMedia's and Audigy Platinum brings a whole new experience to gaming. And they aint to shabby playing music either.

RoadWarrior

Lessee, top 3 sets of PC speakers I've owned are...
1: RCA portable midi stereo system ($5 at a yard sale, fixed the CD and tape :D ) 2: GEC twin tape boom box with aux inputs ($10 at yard sale)
3: A pair of Kenwood car audio cones mounted in coffee cans (in the free box at a yard sale)

Yeah, I'm a cheapskate, but I'll maintain that until recently all of these sounded better than most sub $150 PC speaker sets.

And I've got 3 or 4 pairs of PC "multimedia" speakers unused in my junkbox.

Home entertainment and PC speaker sets are crossing over now. A year or two ago, I regarded everything sold as a high end PC speaker solution as utter trash at a hyper inflated price, for 75% of the price you could commonly get a fully featured audio system to hook up to that sounded way better. I still tend towards that view. If I were to really spend out on audio for my PC I'd head to regular HiFi stores and ask to see home theater kit, blaupunkt, olaffsen.....

Road Warrior

BaldHeadedDork

Love my Monsoon MM2000's, but I've heard great things about the Videologic's, too. Congrats on finding that deal!

BHD

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
RoadWarrior said:
Yeah, I'm a cheapskate, but I'll maintain that until recently all of these sounded better than most sub $150 PC speaker sets.

Same here. I buy whatever is on sale/most convenient. I don't really listen to anything loud enough to notice a huge difference (excluding the really cheap sets).
The brands I like the most and have the most experience with...
1. Klipsch (I've never owned a set, but I installed a set for a friend)
2. Altec Lansing (their low-end sets sound better than the high-end sets of most other brands)
2. Philips (what I'm currently using and got on sale for $25 at Staples)
3. Logitech (Installed a set for a friend and they were really nice too. But they sounded weird when I maxed them out.)

The Revelation

Registered
Pioneer Premier 5.1 receiver with Pioneer Premier speakers.

All in all it cost me about 200$, and the sound I get is absolutely incredible. I believe it is a 400w receiver, and if I crank it past half way, my house shakes.

Gotta love the added bonus of TV hook up as well.

DarkSide8416

Logitech Z-560's
They outperfrom Klipsch 4.1's and are only $125
52w per satellite
188w sub
400 watts of madness
wha-CHA

Causes many a public disturbance :p
Too many pricks in muh dorm :argue: haha

Last edited:

wumeeks

Registered
I have a similar setup as The Revelation
Plugged into a new pioner 400w receiver with bose speakers..turn the volume nob and literally feel the power.

nealric

If you have the space, dont fool with computer speakers and get your self a real stero system. If you can find an older non dolby digital (but with 5.1)- you should be able to get one for about $100. These sound the same as the much more expensive dolby digital ones- for music or pc the dolby didgital wont really make a difference. For speakers- the klh 12inch speakers that they sell at best buy for 100 a pair are hard to beat. Some sony eights can be had for40 for the rear speakers. Amazon.com sells audiosource subs- these are excellent for the price for around 120. All togheater it shold only cost about 420 or so- and thats for a system 10000 times better for anything released for a computer.

Mr. Chambers

Captain Slug said:
3. Logitech (Installed a set for a friend and they were really nice too. But they sounded weird when I maxed them out.)

need to break them in, like any subs... i was almost on the virge of sending my set back at the end of the first night.. but instead, no one was going to be home all the next day (family reunion) so i started up winamp, and looped all my songs for the whole day (8+ hours) and that really did help, can go louder, and sound cleaner.

Bonka

If you've got the money, why not hook up your system to a home theater system? I sure would.