• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place besides NewEgg to purchase Tbred?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mamisano

I picked up a Tbred 1800+ from NewEgg and it has a crappy core (RIUGA). Where should I order to have the best chance of getting an AIUGA (or better :)) core?

BTW, I am returning my 1800+ to NewEgg. The system keeps hanging with the new proc. I just don't want a proc from the same bacth.

You just had some bad luck with the stepping you got from newegg. I don't know of any other vendor who can assure you a AIUGA. AFAIK, newegg is the best place to buy since they usually have the latest steppings since they sell so many processors.

You're the second report of an 1800+ that was NOT an AIUGA... sadly, it looks like the best 1800+ core supplies are dwindling, but this makes room for the chances of tbred "B"s coming soon!

I would say Ebay... ask those sellers to give you the steppings... then you would know what stepping you gonna get... and also... it will be cheaper too.... moreover... try to buy the retail package so it is covered with 3 yr warranty by AMD

Well, I picked up another AGOIA 1600+ from NewEgg for $48 shipped to hold me over for a bit. I was looking at the 1300 Duron and it was only $6 cheaper :eek:

Back