• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM on a budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

I need some RAM that would go good in an Nforce2 board---- one that goes over 200 FSB. The hitch, it has got to be cheap. I need to get two 256mb sticks so I can run Dual Channel DDR. I am assuming that pc3200 would be needed, but can I use something lower, like pc2700? I currently have some Nanya, but the chips are stamped Infineon. Should I just buy 2 new sticks, or will this RAM work? Its pc2700 cas2.5 and runs stable at pretty aggresive settings. Can i just get another stick and run it in Dual Channel, or will it not handle that high of FSB? Thank you

Emericana

unless you got some samsung CTL ram or plan to run your ram at over 3.00v then i doubt that 2700ram will be able to run 200fsb.

one may argue that all ram out now is just overclocked 2700ram but it is all TESTED and guarenteed overclocking ram. you need to get a real lucky stick of 2700 if you want to run at that high fsb.

larva

Inactive Moderator
Value Ram

The Kingston Value Ram PC2700 has proven to reliiably run over 400MHz. The 512MB stick I have now is running at 432MHz, cas 2,7,3,3. I have seen others post of similar success with late model Value Ram PC2700.

OP
TheFrag

TheFrag

hmmmmmm...............I will take a look at the value ram.........