• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Reciever for PC > Reciever?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxoverclocker

I've been looking around and i found some really good deals on the following recievers, Sony STR-DE697 7.1, Onkyo TX-SR502 6.1, or the Yamaha RX-V457 6.1. Out of these three, unless there is better one for under $170 (about how much i could get these for) which would you choose? thx alot

thegreek

oh i see, cool

anyway I am in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the PANASONIC SA-XR55K becuase I heard some really good reviews about it.

OP
maxxoverclocker

maxxoverclocker

well i probably won't be getting a new reciever untill i know there is a sound card out there that will back it up for toslink gaming so heres my 'secret' site lol, ive been getting deals off this site for about 5 years and they are absolutely fantastic www.ubid.com

four4875

i havnt seen ubid in years lol... i remember when my bro paid $350 for a 4x cd burner hahaa... the damned thing didnt work, it was a unwarranted refurb.

why did you choose optical over coaxial? as long as it isnt losing bits of the digital signal, it should be fine. or if you insist on optical, you can get coaxial to optical converters, as it IS the same signal after all, jsut a different medium.

OP
maxxoverclocker

maxxoverclocker

four4875 said:
i havnt seen ubid in years lol... i remember when my bro paid $350 for a 4x cd burner hahaa... the damned thing didnt work, it was a unwarranted refurb.

why did you choose optical over coaxial? as long as it isnt losing bits of the digital signal, it should be fine. or if you insist on optical, you can get coaxial to optical converters, as it IS the same signal after all, jsut a different medium.

hehe ubid has improved :) i chose optical because i have a LOT of problems with grounding and figured id get rid of the whole problem and never have to deal with it

millhouse

I have a JVC RX-D202, it works really nice for my setup. Got it a few months ago for $190 on newegg.

Vulcan

thegreek said:
oh i see, cool

anyway I am in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the PANASONIC SA-XR55K becuase I heard some really good reviews about it.
I'm with him... I've heard nothing but good things about it.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4032232

maxxoverclocker said:
well i probably won't be getting a new reciever untill i know there is a sound card out there that will back it up for toslink gaming so heres my 'secret' site lol, ive been getting deals off this site for about 5 years and they are absolutely fantastic www.ubid.com
You coul always get a coax to optical converter at raidoshack. I used one for awhile...

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I have a Yamaha RX-V450. I hooked it upto my DH800's onboard AD1980 optical port with a toslink cable I got at Radio Shack. It sounds great. Make sure your card has the coax or optical output and your receiver takes those digital inputs.