• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Reciever for PC > Reciever?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxoverclocker

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Location
Vista, CA
I've been looking around and i found some really good deals on the following recievers, Sony STR-DE697 7.1, Onkyo TX-SR502 6.1, or the Yamaha RX-V457 6.1. Out of these three, unless there is better one for under $170 (about how much i could get these for) which would you choose? thx alot
 

thegreek

Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Location
Philadelphia
oh i see, cool

anyway I am in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the PANASONIC SA-XR55K becuase I heard some really good reviews about it.
 
OP
maxxoverclocker

maxxoverclocker

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Location
Vista, CA
well i probably won't be getting a new reciever untill i know there is a sound card out there that will back it up for toslink gaming so heres my 'secret' site lol, ive been getting deals off this site for about 5 years and they are absolutely fantastic www.ubid.com
 

four4875

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Location
I can see walmart, 44906
i havnt seen ubid in years lol... i remember when my bro paid $350 for a 4x cd burner hahaa... the damned thing didnt work, it was a unwarranted refurb.

why did you choose optical over coaxial? as long as it isnt losing bits of the digital signal, it should be fine. or if you insist on optical, you can get coaxial to optical converters, as it IS the same signal after all, jsut a different medium.
 
OP
maxxoverclocker

maxxoverclocker

Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Location
Vista, CA
four4875 said:
i havnt seen ubid in years lol... i remember when my bro paid $350 for a 4x cd burner hahaa... the damned thing didnt work, it was a unwarranted refurb.

why did you choose optical over coaxial? as long as it isnt losing bits of the digital signal, it should be fine. or if you insist on optical, you can get coaxial to optical converters, as it IS the same signal after all, jsut a different medium.

hehe ubid has improved :) i chose optical because i have a LOT of problems with grounding and figured id get rid of the whole problem and never have to deal with it
 

millhouse

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Location
Ohio
I have a JVC RX-D202, it works really nice for my setup. Got it a few months ago for $190 on newegg.
 

Vulcan

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Location
Pa
thegreek said:
oh i see, cool

anyway I am in the same boat as you and was leaning towards the PANASONIC SA-XR55K becuase I heard some really good reviews about it.
I'm with him... I've heard nothing but good things about it.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4032232

maxxoverclocker said:
well i probably won't be getting a new reciever untill i know there is a sound card out there that will back it up for toslink gaming so heres my 'secret' site lol, ive been getting deals off this site for about 5 years and they are absolutely fantastic www.ubid.com
You coul always get a coax to optical converter at raidoshack. I used one for awhile...
 

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Joined
Apr 29, 2002
I have a Yamaha RX-V450. I hooked it upto my DH800's onboard AD1980 optical port with a toslink cable I got at Radio Shack. It sounds great. Make sure your card has the coax or optical output and your receiver takes those digital inputs.