• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best settings for my Corsair XMS to run in sync with Barton 2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterChief1128

Registered
Ok, here's my rig...

Abit AN7-S, Barton 2500+ (locked *sigh*), 512mb Corsair XMS PC-3200, Sapphire 9800 Pro (128mb), Thermalright 947u (soon to have a Vantec Tornado or some other high power fan on it), and I think that's about all you'll need to know.

Anyways, my new mobob (the Abit) should either be here today, tomorrow, or Monday. First of all, once I get it what settings should I run my Barton and RAM at? I've always read that the best overclocking is achieved when your processor and memory run in sync, and I don't think I've ever gotten them to do that (especially with a crappy Soyo Dragon Ultra :cry.

Anyways, the fan I have on my 947u right now is just a plain old Antec case fan, nothing special, doesn't push too much air. I have a ThermalTake Smart Fan II. That's what I used to use on the 947u, until somehow one of the fan blades just broke off. So now I can't use it on the 947u because it's all wobbly. Could I use it as a case fan? It'd probably be REALLY freaking loud and vibrate a lot. Is ther a way to fix my Smart Fan? It'd be nice to have that along with whatever new fan I get. Well, soon I'll have my Tornado or Panaflow or somethin, with of course my fan controller so I guess I'll just stick with the Antec fan for now.

Anyways, any tips are appreciated!

doc6886

Wait, so your Barton has locked multipliers? What's it on right now (I hope it's 11). If it's 10 or 11 you should put your FSB to 200 and then run your RAM at 200 (2, 3, 3, 6), or tighter if you can...

Docta_Z

with XMS I bet you could run tighter then that.

2-2-2-6 or 2-2-2-11.

Test both for stability and benchmark scores. :)