• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best setup for NF7-S and 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey,

I've got Abit's NF7-S with an XP 1700+ jiuhb 0309. I've got 512 pc 3200 and a 5600 rpm fan.

Please let me know, you guys who have a similar combo, what "stepping" you use, voltage, multi, fsb, EVRYTHING please. I wanna know where to stop.

Is there a limit to how high I can go? and will it blow up my chip?
Thanks and hopefully I can get this 1700+ up high!!!!!

And do you think I need to put a heatsink or anything on my southbridge?

AND lol what stuff should I keep in mind about the NF7-S.
All you guys who own one out there, what should I know, like should I update the bios? should I tweak it? Just some tips and tricks you've used while you've had it......

THANKS SO MUCH
haha
cya

deeppow

Currently setting up a XP1700DLT3C JIUHB 0319WPMW. I am at a fsb=215, memory settings 2-2-2-5 on my Cosair, and cpu mult = 11 with Vcore @ 1.8. Seems stable at these settings but haven't run Prime95 for very long yet. On air the cpu temp under load is ~55C.

No sink on my south but have a passive one I may put on it.

I upgrade bios only when I need a fix or there is a clearly identified one that helps OC. Otherwise I leave a working mobo alone.

Stop when it isn't stable or your temps are too hot. Otherwise keep going.

Be :cool:

Last edited: