• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best software cooling for 8KHA+ !! WPCRSET ?? or what ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=Iwill user=

Registered
Hi, I have this question in my mind for some time already. My cooler cannot support my extreme Xp1500+ to Xp2000+ for very long time. ESPECIALLY for winXP, if the booting temp is more than 48'C, it would mostly not go in.

I have tripple boot PC, namely WinME (chinese), Win2k and WinXP, using system commander 7.0. All windows serve diff purposes.

In WinXp, I have this WPCRSET setting (95/0E and 92/F9), which can cool the cpu very well to case temp (36'C) during idle time. However, WPCRSET doesn't like any FSB > 145, never go into XP desktop. AND it doesn't like any booting temp > 45'C at all. If I cold boot with Winxp, it can keep my PC very cool. Of course before gaming yet, anyway, my WinXP is not for gaming, so no game is installed inside.

In Win2K, I installed it mainly for OC, without WPCRSET installed. It went into desktop and I could run various programs, of course the CPU is hot !!

Winme is for CD burning and gaming and other multimedia stuff. Also the CPU is hot !

Do you guy know any better software cooling of this motherboard ? And where to download it !! I have downloaded CPUCOOL, I don't like it at all, my cpu usage show 100% and it never cooled the cpu and the whole PC slow down.

I have also download VCOOL but can't seem to install it properly. I have both v1.7 and v1.8, v1.7 can be installed but not supported Kt266a. V1.8 can't be installed.

SO, any suggestion ??

Back