• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best speakers for me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M00CH

i have a soundblaster live value, that is currenty hooked up to my home stereo, but i may be moving my computer to a diffrent room shortly and will be in need of a new speaker setup...

what would be the best to match this card and be arounf $200.00 smackers...

plague

definitely the z560s. a lot of people say these are very close in performance to the klipsh 4.1 at half the price. I love mine. I live on the third floor of a dorm, and the other night I had them at about 1/4 volume, not loud at all, and my RA came in cuz she heard it (she's cool though).... well turns out she was down in the basement:cool:

they really kick hard.

funnyperson1

you may also want to check out tomshardware he just had a review of like 20 different speakers...

Chief

Get the 560's ,only problem I had was my sb512 sound card was either messed up or it just aint enough for these speakers.I put an audigy in and it sounds awsome,load and clear!

Disco..Rules!

Registered
dont forget about YAMAHA

if you are looking for speakers don't forget about YAMAHA they make nice speakers for home, car and computer...

btw I have the logitechs s560 and they are shweeeeet....

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
WeaponX said:
Don't get 2.1 though, get 4.1 or 5.1 speaker systems.

No offense but the 2.1's rock, the 2.1 is exactly the same as the 4.1 minus the two rear speakers.

I have a Klipsch system in my living room with the rear speakers in my ceiling.

If you get the 2.1's you get the two satelite speakers(same as the 4.1) and the same subwoofer the 4.1

Granted the 5.1 kicks some major @SS, but like I said the 2.1's wont disapoint you.

The 5.1 is $399 and the 2.1 is roughly $159-169