• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best tubing for watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

i notice the tubing i get from overclockershideout.com gets icky after a week or so.. is there a way to stop this? bleach?
if not, then whats a really good type? ocerho there 3\8" was only .69/ft and its thick and totaly clear, but it seems to get cloudy fast. altho it could be my water block..

RainMaQer

3D God
I definetly wouldn't go with bleach as that may harm your pump and block. I'm not sure but I think waterwetter helps with that. I know that there is stuff you can get at pet stores to stop that and I think distilled water helps too :D I can't find my bottle of the stuff from the pet store or I'd tell you what it is... probably got thrown out :(

OH... and the white stuff is either algea or minerals

OP
Dissolved

Dissolved

RainMaQer said:
I definetly wouldn't go with bleach as that may harm your pump and block. I'm not sure but I think waterwetter helps with that. I know that there is stuff you can get at pet stores to stop that and I think distilled water helps too :D I can't find my bottle of the stuff from the pet store or I'd tell you what it is... probably got thrown out :(

OH... and the white stuff is either algea or minerals

well for a guy that supposly doesnt like me, you keep replying to my threads happily..

but anyways, i dunno if i can get water welter cuz i can use my moms cc till march (after we move) so i have to try to get things localy. ie home depot or autozone. thats all i have of a choice really.

RainMaQer

3D God
Dissolved said:

well for a guy that supposly doesnt like me, you keep replying to my threads happily..

but anyways, i dunno if i can get water welter cuz i can use my moms cc till march (after we move) so i have to try to get things localy. ie home depot or autozone. thats all i have of a choice really.

WaterWetter can be found at auto parts stores ;) Are you using distilled water or tap water? Distilled will be the best bet... you can find it in just about any grocery store.

PS... I said "No hard feelings" ;)

OP
Dissolved

Dissolved

RainMaQer said:

WaterWetter can be found at auto parts stores ;) Are you using distilled water or tap water? Distilled will be the best bet... you can find it in just about any grocery store.

PS... I said "No hard feelings" ;)

Yes im useing "Sparklets" (distilled) which is 1 of 3 major home water dev. brands here in calif. it says no sodium/addivites, so i should be safe. altho my stupidself put like 70% anti-freez in my res, and it overflowed.. so that probly killed a few extra C i could have. but i range from 44~30c idle upon room temp. Calif is a sucky place to be if you like Rain :)

well i never got the "no hard feelings" saying from you, but i wasnt ever mad, just wondering what happened.. well anyways im glad thats over with. so Rain go re-do the team site, and start learing PHP and m.. whatever the other one was.. (incert fansy programming words -here-) as you see im only into hardware. leave the langs for ppl that have beachball sized brains, as i think i fell off my bike too much when i was 5 *yells* "OUCH!"

RainMaQer

3D God
Hmmm... I'd recommend getting some WaterWetter (under $10) and flush out what you have in there now. Maybe even clean the hoses with something... I'm sure... but I think if you rinse it well enough afterwards, bleach or some other cleaner would work. Then rinse of course... and then fill it back up. Add some WaterWetter and see if that helps :D

I posted the no hard feelings thing in one of the threads... pretty sure I did anyway... might have been a pm. Oh well... I'm still thinkin about it ;)

Malakai

Rain u really should redo the site, u were doin a GREAT job and i need somewhere to show off the 10k im gonna get after i finish redoing my system
wd love to have it back up, at least i know i would;)
lets see that 20 i sent u be put to some good use:cool:
-Malakai

OP
Dissolved

Dissolved

RainMaQer said:
Hmmm... I'd recommend getting some WaterWetter (under $10) and flush out what you have in there now. Maybe even clean the hoses with something... I'm sure... but I think if you rinse it well enough afterwards, bleach or some other cleaner would work. Then rinse of course... and then fill it back up. Add some WaterWetter and see if that helps :D

I posted the no hard feelings thing in one of the threads... pretty sure I did anyway... might have been a pm. Oh well... I'm still thinkin about it ;)

well im getting a new waterblock, im gonna post my story about that in a few.. so look in the cooling section about that later ;)
but im gonna basically Rebuild my hole system.. i got my 2 rio pumps will go on ebay due that i cant sell them here, and im gonna trash the tubing. i may go to home depot, and see if they have any good tubing or cheap stuff to run till i get my new waterblock and my cooling setup. i just hope to god i can use a wak-38 w/ delta for a week or 3 :( "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MY FREAKING EARSSSSSSS AHHHHH" ok well.. its all alum too, so i hope my temps dont go crazy... :mad: