• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best value pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkiFletch

yeah, check local pet shops, or if not, check out BECooling cause they have the Via Aqua 1300 in stock. the regular cheaper versoin has 5/8 fittings, and the pre-modded one thats a couple bucks more expensice has 1/2" fittings

Iron Hawk

Well, you can try pet shops, but all the petshops I have been to WAY overprice their pumps. I saw a maxijet 900 for $60, and the 1200 model was out of stock, they sold it for $70. the other pumps were all crap.

surly

Registered
I haven't got mine yet but I will be ordering this Maxi-Jet . Unfortunately I haven't used it yet so I can't vouch for it.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
X2sandman said:
Maxi-jet 1200 from premium aquatics comes to 23 shipped i think

I vote for maxi!!!!
as for the reliability, its WAY up there! passes via many times over:)
dont get a via... they are trouble..

SemiCycle

I like the danner pumps. They cost more then the Maxi pumps, but they are solid as a rock. I use mine submerged, but I've tested it inline as well.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
the seal is great! i think there is another maxijet or something thread i stuck a pic in...
yes you need 1 barb

OP
HeXenViRii

HeXenViRii

maxijet.JPG

JML

Any pump that requires a res is a pain in the arse! I'm running my via aqua inline for about 3 months now, seems ok. The popular opinion seems to be submersing them, but I haven't been able to find a good res. Now I have the uncomfortable feeling its just gonna up and die one day :( . My vote goes toward an Eheim.

OP
HeXenViRii

HeXenViRii

JML said:
Any pump that requires a res is a pain in the arse! I'm running my via aqua inline for about 3 months now, seems ok. The popular opinion seems to be submersing them, but I haven't been able to find a good res. Now I have the uncomfortable feeling its just gonna up and die one day :( . My vote goes toward an Eheim.

You dont need a res for the maxi jet do you ???? shouldn't the 1/2" ID pipe fit over the pump outlet ?

surly

Registered
I believe you can just use a t-line with a maxi-jet. However I think he meant any pump that needs to be submerged is a pain.