• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best video card for around $50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

Im kinda tight on a budget right now and im wondering if i could find a decent video card for around 50 dollars. All i want is for it to be 128mb, 8x, and agp.....give me some ideas on some good brands, thanks

what about the Radeon 9200? I seen the ECS version on newegg with vivo and 128mb of ram for 51.50 . I have one on the way for my old computer that I am giving to my mom.

Watch, you'll be able to buy a used ti4600 for around that price very soon. The new 6800 is around $285 now and it will drop to $200 quickly which is faster than a 9800XT which is much faster than a ti4600.

vivo is video in/video out. Its useful for getting analog video from like your camera into your computer, or if you want to play console games on your computer moniter to take screen shots. Most all cards come with video out which allows you to hookup the card to a tv or vcr or whatever. Its nice to have IMO.

yea i get it......i found it on newegg but i want to make sure thats the best card i can get for that price range...

Yea, the Ti series was possibly Nv's best performance achievement. It stuck around long enough to make their next line look stupid, and held on till the ATI 9500 came around.

yea im not really looking to overclock too much....but with the 4200 not being 8x and dx 9 compliant, will that decrease the performance a lot?

the 9500 is great. If you can find the L shaped memory it can usually be converted to a pro if I'm not mistaken. The 9700pro's should be comming down in price also but not the $50 range. The 9500 is great for the dx 9, but the Ti will still beat it on anything dx8.

ok, im gonna try to get one of those two cards.....but should i look for the 9500 pro or L shaped one?

Back