• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Water Cooling stystem for newbies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tokayla

Registered
iam new to over clocking but i wanna get into and use water cooling!. ill be over clocking a 2ghz amd xp on a aopen ak77-333

any tips on which water cooling bits or kits to get?

Toysrme

Guess I'll be first again. ;)
I would just suggest skipping the "kits" all together and just buying the hardware Like I did. You'll be ok just so long as you take your time and do the proper research. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

All things are not created equal so I wouldn't go out on a limb for the newest greatest thing. Stick to tried and true setups.
-Toysrme

Toysrme

LoL! Looks like I didn't post my hardware reccomendations! ROTF!

Pump: Ehiem 1250
Water Block: Maze3
Radiator: Which ever car heater core fits your case best
1/2 inch fittings are a must.

Keep in mind if your heater core uses inlet and outlet size of 5/8" your 1/2" like will stretch to fit snugly and you will not be doing any modding to add barbs. (you'll also keep max flow rates)

-Toysrme

Hey I got orange stars now!

OP
Tokayla

Tokayla

Registered
hmm. :/ i was thining of useing a pillar drill from school to make a water block for my cpu gpu and northbridge useing 1/2 tubing and any old radiator i can find at a friends scrap yard... how much cooling would the radiator need in the way of fans and how would i power them? pluss how powerfull would the pump have to be?, i was thinking of putting the cpu and northbridge on the same circit with the gpu waterblock on a seperate circuet. any tips on the design for the water blocks and is there any advantage to haveing multipul in's on the waterblock - ive seen a cpu waterblock with 4 ins and 1 central out.. or the other way round.

Ive not got any stars! :(

OP
Tokayla

Tokayla

Registered
trial and error.. or get one second hand.. find yr nearest scrap yard and TEST them before buying

eli

I thought about the kit, and decided to go with quality components peiced together. My plan:

1/2 inch setup
d-tek TC-4 (already purchased)
Heatercore
6 ft of good hose
Eheim 1048 or Via Aqua 300 (depends how much bling i can lay down)
120 panaflo and shroud

my kit should be complete next month.