• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best way to bleed a closed system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briman1000

I read about that T system on procooling.com and am wondering do I really need a reservoir.
I have not set up anything yet as I am waiting for my first watercooling stuff to arrive. I purchased the new swiftech mcw5000a and a chevette heater core from autozone. and also ordered a danner 350 gph pump. and sunon 12cm fan.
would like to not have a reservoir but since I am new to this and don't want to destroy anything it would be nice to get some opinions. Thanks.

ok~ its pretty simple~ you assemble the tubing, but not the in line to the pump, place the inline and the pump ina tub and fill the tub~ turn on the pump~ plug the fill line~ and shake the rad to get air out~ then while running, attach the inline to the pump and remove from tub, and add air threw the t as needed~

thats not the way i did it..

i assembled everything in my computer..

poured water in the tee..
turned on pump.. and countinued to pour water into tee while pump was on...
system filled with water..
i stopped pouring..
let the bubbles go bye bye..

then you should have done it the way i did :p :p :p :p LOL cause then you would not have to wait a day for the bubles to disapear :D

The Spyder said:
then you should have done it the way i did :p :p :p :p LOL cause then you would not have to wait a day for the bubles to disapear :D

I did it the same way Liss did and it only takes about 10-20 minutes for the bubbles to bleed.

Further more, the bubbles do not increase the temperature as much. While finishing the bleeding, I may notice a 1-2* drop. Seems kinda overrated to me. :)

so you make the T with the highest point being the top of the T and the fill line. So you can turn on the pump and it will push just the air up the tube? Won't water come shooting out to. Cap it then turn it on? Can you just keep adding water and it will displace the air. Help I am a little confused obviously.

No - gravity keeps the water down.

The t-line doesn't have to be at the top - it just bleeds a little bit better and faster when it is higher.

The pump doesn't push air out... the bubbles naturally try to go to the highest point - however, when they reach the t-line, they are exposed to the air (thus not really a bubble anymore ;))

Back