• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bets Keyboard And Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

well they dont have to be a combo package as it is irrlevant to me.
hopefully they will look nice to.
for the keyboard the more keys the better, as i want to assing them differnt thigns in max, like differnt viewports, quickslice, smoth shadding/wireframe, again the more the better. and hopefully a scroll wheel/ball would also be excellent to use in conjunction with my mouse

as for mouse the fastest optical mouse availabile, most comfortable as i use the mouse a ton, and the standard wheel.

thnx for hte input

Mugen1516

I just got the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite keyboard and mouse combo and I'm really loving it. The keyboard has tons of keys; there's 5 keys you can use for shortcuts or favorites, there's volume and track forward or back, there's even a wheel and back and forward button on the keyboard so you can scroll and surf from just the keyboard. One thing I really like about the keyboard in this package is the armrest. It is pleather (fake leather) and feels very nice on your wrists. It also just looks darn sexy.

The mouse that comes in this combo is the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. It is the perfect shape for the hand is is also very comfortable to use. One thing I didn't care for was the mouse wheel acceleration feature. (The bigger you scroll the faster it scrolls.) This just jacked up my gaming when switching weapons. So, I had to change my buttons in the game and use the back and forward buttons on the mouse to change weapons. Other than that I love the mouse. I wish it has a charging stand like the Logitech MX700 though.

Both items come with this new tilt wheel feature. I don't think it's all that great. Instead of just rolling the wheel, now you can tilt the wheel to scroll side to side. It scrolls very slowing going side to side that it's just not worth it. There might be a setting to change the speed though.

Here's some links:

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite @ Microsoft

Bensa

Logitech MX Duo, comes with the cordless MX700(best mouse in da world :D), and iTouch Keyboard with tons of functions, also wireless. They connect to the same base station and there is no noticeable lag from either one.

Dc5e

i have the MX DUO and its great, but either set is good. The sideways scroll may be neat to use, but it doesn't have rechargable batteries.... but i heard the batteries last up to 3 months where the MX 700 probably lasts a few days.

I say go to a store and try both of them out and see which one you like better, they're both really good

dorimon81

I don't like my cordless mouse because every couple of weeks, I gotta change the batteries. It's such a waster of my time and money. If I was going to get a cordless mouse, I would want it to be re-chargeable so I can just put it on the base when I sleep and pick it up again the next morning.

OP
DayUSeX

DayUSeX

hm the mx700 how oftenm do you have to change the batteries?? or are they rechargable??

OP
DayUSeX

DayUSeX

hmm i still cant find any keyboards wiht tons of buttons i can remap any suggestions?? I was hopping to map buttons that can do this
-show all 4 view ports
-show front
-show left
-show right
-show back
-show top
-show bottom
-smooth shading
-wireless
-cut
-quick slice
-vertex selection
-polygon selection
those are the basics but i would like maybe 10+ more keys i can configure
as well as hopefully say a wheel or something that can be used for pan/rotation.

OP
DayUSeX

DayUSeX

no but thnx for looking cyrix_2k, i still need all the other keys for ya know typing and what not =P. I realise it can be hooked up along with keyboard, but hmm actually that might due it. hmm ill read up on it more thnx for the idea cyrix_2k and if the mx700 does have rechargable batteries looks like i found a new mouse as well

Cyrix_2k

Hope it'll work. And yes, as you said, it is designed to work with a keyboard. BTW, I hear the MX700 is an awesome mouse. I wish I had one :(

OP
DayUSeX

DayUSeX

yeah the more i think about it, it would be alot better than getting a whole new keyboard. Although my keyboard is pretty rank atm, and looking for a nice upgrade =P

Cyrix_2k

Yeah, you probably should just get a new keyboard. I don't know what to recomend tho as I'm using a $7 walmart keyboard ATM :mad: I really should get a new one too. I heard micro$oft makes some pretty nice ones.

Dweezil

Registered
I have the MX700 duo at home, and a corded MS Intellimouse Explorer mouse at work. They're both great mice...I like the MX mouse a little better than the MS mouse...if for anything else, simple ergonomics. The MX mouse also has a few features (that I actually USE) that the MS mouse doesn't have. The only gripe I have about the MX mouse is it doesn't remind me to put it in it's cradle when I'm done with it for the day. :D I always remember right when I'm about to fall asleep.

By the way, has anyone tried THIS mouse?

Mikeonatrike

Dweezil said:

By the way, has anyone tried THIS mouse?
lol i think my problem would be the oposit of that mouse, i wana install a heater. Anyone know of a mouse with a heater in it? Btw, mxDUO AWESOME! lol iv never had a wireless mouse before but this one is so cool, and as sensitiv as my wire mouse for games and stuff.

OP
DayUSeX

DayUSeX

hmm so maybe ill d the mX DUO and that other thingie dunno thnx for all the input though!

Cyrix_2k

Sounds good to me. Nobody really commented that much about the logitech keyboard though. Any reason to dislike it? How does it feel? And how long do the batteries last?

Dweezil

Registered
The keyboard seems to work fine for me...not too loud, comfortable to use, nice looking, lots of features. I've only been using mine for about 3 weeks, so I can't help you with the battery question. I work for a battery company, so it doesn't really concern me too awful much. :D

funnyperson1

The MX duo comes with the MX700 mouse which has a built in rechargeable battery. I don't know how long it lasts, but the wireless station is also the charger for the mouse so when the computer isn't in use, you charge the mouse. So you don't ever really have to worry about the battery. The keyboard is the same as the one I have in the Cordless Elite Duo and from what I have seen teh battery in the keyboard should last from 6months to a year.