• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better cooling for my Radeon 8500LE - required?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

It's the 128mb version, and I do not overclock it (I may consider it in future) - would I benefit at all by picking up a blue/crystal orb?

Cisco Kid

no as well, I will post a pick of mine, it has a nice alpha on it made big diff in core overclock

cisco kid

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Cisco Kid said:
no as well, I will post a pick of mine, it has a nice alpha on it made big diff in core overclock

cisco kid

I think you meant yes :rolleyes:

My personal feelings on this is the heatsink on the 8500 is ridiculously inefficient and replacing it, even if not overclocking is not a bad idea for many reasons...

WildArmSX

I would suggest you put ina card/slot fan becasue they can heat up quite a bit, even more so depending how the air is circulating off the processor. I would be a good idea especially if you want to overcolck your video card.

Cisco Kid

Silversinksam said:

I think you meant yes :rolleyes:

My personal feelings on this is the heatsink on the 8500 is ridiculously inefficient and replacing it, even if not overclocking is not a bad idea for many reasons...

yes that is true or I guess I would not have replaced mine with the help of you SSS, what exactly is the sink fan I got from you?

Cisco KID

Yodums

Cisco Kid said:

yes that is true or I guess I would not have replaced mine with the help of you SSS, what exactly is the sink fan I got from you?

Cisco KID

From my understanding, the Alpha 15 1U. At stock speeds, it isn't necessary to change it. To overclock you should.. and add ramsinks.

Cisco Kid

Henry Rollins II said:
I dont know about cooling, but it sure needs a voltage mod.

why does it need as voltage mod. THe 8500LE card will run 300/300 outa da box with stock cooling and it will do so with no problems. Yes the card will get hot but from what I saw my performance was not affected to the point that it was noticeable even after gaming for about 60 minutes.

I am surprised at how much higher the core goes with better cooling and I have run 310/310 and all is good so far, but I think it will top out at 315 for the mem and possibly the same for the core.

That is more than enough, i guess not all of the 8500LE need volt mods just depends on your need for speed!!

Cisoc KId

Cisco Kid

Yodums said:

From my understanding, the Alpha 15 1U. At stock speeds, it isn't necessary to change it. To overclock you should.. and add ramsinks.

yep that is what it is , thanks Yodums

cisco kid