• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better fan, or better heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repo man11

Ok guys, I have a generic copper heatsink. It came with a 60mm fan. I upgraded to an 80mm 40 cfm fan, with a 60 to 80mm fan adapter. I had allready lapped it, and I went with AS-3. It dropped my temps pretty well, but I ran it up a little faster, and now I'm too hot again. I was thinking of buying an 80mm delta, but now I'm thinking that I might be better off buying a better heatsink. My 1.33 is at 1.481 (141x10.5) and it gets up to 51c when I play Jane's USAF. I value all opinions. Thanks

I just bought a Thermalright AX-7 HS, based on all the reviews here and everywhere else... Seems to be the #1 performing heatsink now, even over the Swifty!! I would rec get one of these and you could probably keep your 80m fan and you wont need the 60m adapter either... Use your ASIII and you should be in good shape... :burn:

Thanks. I was looking at that HS at the Heatsink Factory, and thanks to your recommendation I read the reviews, which were all positive. I can't afford to buy anything right now though, so I backed down my OC a tiny bit, and made a shroud from the rear fan to the HS out of cereal box cardboard and duct tape. The shroud alone knocked down the temp about 2 C.

Back