• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better o/c with single channel over dual channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raillex

Registered
How much higher FSB can I expect to get by ditching my existing dual channel configuration (which passes Memtest @ 217 MHz 11-2-2-2) and going with single channel? Also, does the extra FSB make up for the bandwidth loss I will suffer without dual channel?

hangten

Well as far as bandwidth is concern, one stick will run as fast if you had room on your timing (CL2.5 to 2.0) but at your current setting its hard to beat that. Even with your FSB up 5 with single i doubt it would be better until your past 225 or more but thats hard to do without loosening the timings and hard on the
ASUS board. ABit seems to do well past 230fsb.

You can try placing the ram in different slots it somtimes will make a difference in how high your FSB overclock can go.

Also one more thing is do you have the CPU leg room for more clocking left on it in assocation to your RAM at the same multi

Last edited: