• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better way to get temp off a Asus A7,266-D mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esppak

I know that is temp from the bios and asus probe isnt' correct. How or what can i use to get a more accurate reading from the cpu and case?
W/ stock HSF (XP1800) i was getting 52C almost full load..
Now have evercool/kingwin CUD-725 still around 52C full load... To the touch its cooler though from the stocks...w/ case temp at 41C

Use a cheap LCD Probe from Radio Shack or get a Digidoc 5.

They are direct probes which slightly touch the core, so it's 100% accurate.

Yodums

Yodums said:
Use a cheap LCD Probe from Radio Shack or get a Digidoc 5.

They are direct probes which slightly touch the core, so it's 100% accurate.

Yodums

i'd say more like 99% accurate :p the only way to be 100% accurate IMHO would be to get readings from an in die diode

Check the "THEMCPU" jumper to insure that pins 1 and 2 are closed. This is the position for Athalon/Duron. Actually, that is the position for all CPUs. The pin 2 to 3 position is reserved and if it is set that way the temp reading will be constant no matter what.

The jumper is located in the upper right hand corner between the RAM slots and the Promise UDMA connectors.

Back