• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bezel wiring, total n00b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makaelin

I've done fan mods and the like, but nothing with the bezel wiring. One of my cases is an old Antec SLK whatever, ugly front panel, etc. So sick of the door that I want to just rip the bezel off completely and rig a new power switch on there until I can properly mod the case to look decent.

I know RadioShack has all kinds of switches, but I'm wondering if there's any particular kind I should get? Looks like the power switch has two wires, red and black, so I'm assuming it's as simple as soldering those to the new switch and basking in the goodness?

shellshock

:welcome: to the forums bro

but yea, that's pretty much it, not much to it. Just make sure you get a push button switch and not a toggle switch. You might be able just to use your existing switch. just remove it, extend the wires, and mount it where you like :)

OP
M

Makaelin

Thanks, man. I've lurked here for about a year, but finally started posting. :)

I figured that was about it. I may just take your advice and use this switch for right now. It's going to be a bit before I can start a real project, and I actually kind of like the looks of a stripped-down open chassis. :)