• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF 1942 problems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bojangles

Okay so after some windows updates my precious Battlefield 1942 stopped working. I have a legit CD key. THe problem is, whenever I join from ASE I click the "ready" button and the game crashes to desktop. I thought this might be an ASE problem, I was wrong. I would click "use" for profile and the game crashes to desktop. I have tried everything short of reformatting. I have reinstalled the game and patch. Drivers for my vid card (nvidia), I even took off my overclock. This does not happen in BF:V. I am getting very frustrated because all of my friends play BF and I cannot play with them. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone HEARD of this problem?

OP
bojangles

bojangles

I have plenty of games to play myself, I just want to play with my friends, anyway i solved it myself. I can't play with my USB mic, isn't that wierd?

OP
bojangles

bojangles

deathBOB said:
hmmm

windows updates... sounds bad...
Ha more like Logitech USB headset.........Thing doesn't even fit my head, it was like $50. My worst buy EVER in my 16 years of existance.

theELVISCERATOR

bojangles said:
Okay so after some windows updates my precious Battlefield 1942 stopped working. I have a legit CD key. THe problem is, whenever I join from ASE I click the "ready" button and the game crashes to desktop. I thought this might be an ASE problem, I was wrong. I would click "use" for profile and the game crashes to desktop. I have tried everything short of reformatting. I have reinstalled the game and patch. Drivers for my vid card (nvidia), I even took off my overclock. This does not happen in BF:V. I am getting very frustrated because all of my friends play BF and I cannot play with them. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone HEARD of this problem?

delete the profile and create a new one...

dukat

i had a similar problem when i used "Refreshforce" (program to force a certain refresh rate). when i disabled it the game worked.