• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF1942 Joystick/ MX700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namagomi

Disabled
Ok, it's impossible to be effective at all flying with the mouse. Can anyone reccomend a USB joystick with a small footprint that I could use for 1942?

Also, is that MX700 mouse really worth it? I have a MS wireless explorer, and I can't use it for games like CS due to its lower resolution. Does the MX700 really feel like a corded mouse?

I hear that the bluetooth wireless explorer WILL be more responsive and have a higher DPI. I'm just giving you more suggestions.

The MX700 got an 88% in the PC GAMER magazine. Which is good. But I personally would rather go with a bluetooth technology mouse, it wont miss a beat.

Check out this REVIEW.

I am thinking about buying it, I just bought a new corded IBM mouse though, so it may be a while before I get my hands on the bluetooth mouse.

man, i'm poking around on the MS site for this mouse, and it's looking pretty fly. Apparently the Bluetooth transponder included with it can also accomodate up to 6 other devices. A wireless mouse AND a bluetooth hub for 80 bucks. very nice

bluetooth is good, that mouse is bad. I hate the shape of that mouse :(

M$'s best mouse imo is their cheapest optical mouse.

I felt the wireless Intellimouse Explorer at staples and liked the feel of it. This mouse looks exactley the same, I guess it all depends on your hands though.

Well I got MX700 yesterday. To be honest I don’t see the whole point of this wireless stuff, it's totally useless and waste of money. Anyways.. as for the mouse it's very comfortable and all, but it's VERY heavy. It's no problem since you are sliding it but picking it up, but I would say it's 2-3x more weight then a normal mouse.

I don’t seem to get understand what higher DPI will give you? It's like upgrading your 1.7GHZ to 2.0GHZ you aren’t going to feel much of a difference but that's just me.

I recommend getting MX500 (something as MX700 only with a wire) but if you OBSOLUTLY must have a wireless mouse get MX700.

BTW it's very cheap right now only 45$ (with rebate) on amazon.com all other websites sell it for 60-80$

I own with my Saitek Cyborg 3D USB Gold.:D

Works great for other flight programs too. I use if for FS2002Pro, and X-Wing Alliance.

Namagomi said:
Ok, it's impossible to be effective at all flying with the mouse. Can anyone reccomend a USB joystick with a small footprint that I could use for 1942?

Also, is that MX700 mouse really worth it? I have a MS wireless explorer, and I can't use it for games like CS due to its lower resolution. Does the MX700 really feel like a corded mouse?

It's by no means impossible. Crank the mouse sensitivity DOWN in the air settings, that makes a heck of a difference. Most people crank it up, but turning it down makes the plane way more maneuverable.

Heck, I use a trackball...

I play 1942 with a Logitech Force feedback Wingman Force 3D as joystick and a Logitech dual optical wired mouse for everything else and I have no problems doing headshots

Back