• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF1942 Mod: Empires

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

anyone played this yet? it seems to be a FPS/RTS style, could be real cool.

http://www.bf42home.de/mods.php3?mod=46

"Empires is a revolutionary mod for Battlefield 1942 combining first person action and real time strategy elements. Empires introduces buildable and destroyable buildings, a resource economy system, team commanders, and many other features modders of Battlefield 1942 have declared to be impossible due to no available SDK. With buildable/destroyable buildings, the uninspired point system of regular Battlefield 1942 play is eliminated, leading to fulfilling gameplay where victory is determined by strategy and teamwork, not spawn camping. Each team gets their own command vehicle which is capable of placing buildings and giving orders to players. However, to build anything, commanders will have to have the necessary number of resources first. Resource points can be found around the map and refineries can be built on them to mine their resources. Teams will learn that controlling these resource points is the key to victory. Infantry are also getting improvements such as heavy infantry having armor which reduces damage due to projectiles, making them tougher than other infantry classes. Engineers are able to give ammo, drop sandbags for cover, and build turrets for defense. The scout is capable of infiltration by disguising himself as inaminate objects. Infantry will no longer be useless compared to the improved armor and firepower of vehicles."

its not done yet is it? but sounds good if you have the right server, just imagine the lil 1337 kids sayin "I ainz0rs folowin j00s orderz0rs I gonnazors spAWn CaMp and PlANe CAMp!!!1111oneonetwooneone111!!"

ok i dled it and installed it but i cant report on gameplay because I CANT GET INTO A GAME!!! it does its loading screen but once the bar is full loading the map it just sits there doesnt go into the map, ive tried all the maps, even the 2 they reccomend for fewest bugs/lag and both joining internet servers and joining my own LAN, but its a no go and no help in the forums, but the genral word is this is buggy as hell and prone to frequent crashing.... so if you can get it working great if not...

Last edited:
Wow, this is awesome, I hope they continue with this... RTS and the BF1942 platform is just a GREAT combination.

Sounds like sweet sweet fps action/strategy goodness. I'll dl it after I hear more good reports about it. If it catches on like DC, I'll definitely get it! :D

i dl'd it and played it last night. it is still really buggy but its a very early version so its to be expected. i got the ctd a couple times but eventually got in a game. the tanks are pretty cool there is a small,medium and heavy tank. heavy has dual barrel cannons ;)

engineers are about the only useful soldier. you HAVE to be an eng if you want to build anything.

one weird bug i found was that some of the vehichles from a distance take on the shape of the original bf vehichel that empires modded. like one of the troop transport vehicles from a distance shows up as a normal bf jeep then as it gets closer it changes to the empires version of the vehicle.

the mod has great potential but like many other needs more content. right now there are 3 tanks, 2 troop transports and 3 planes. the planes cause HUGE server lag. so don't spawn one if you get the chance

overall its a cool mod and i'll play it a bit more.

Back