• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF4 Official System Requirements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foopsz

What do you guys think 3GB Graphics Memoy. I know they say BF3 gets up to 1.6GB graphics memory.
I have a GTX 760 EVGA ACX 2GB Now I wonder if the BF4 will go over 2GB Graphics memory.
What do you think of BF4 System Requirements?

Minimum System Requirements
Processor (AMD): Athlon X2 2.8 GHz
Processor (Intel): Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon 3870
Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics memory: 512 MB

Recommended System Requirements
Processor (AMD): Six-core CPU
Processor (Intel): Quad-core CPU
Memory: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon 7870
Graphics card (Nvidia): NVIDIA GeForce GT 660
Graphics memory: 3 GB

From Origin
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/76889/pc-download/bundle/digital-deluxe-edition

I think they are stupid, a 660 will never come close to delivering performance even close to needing more than 1,5gb of ram at best. Unless something has changed in the way they are utilizing it.

Maybe the new Frostbite 3. Thats why its 3GB and the new maps like Levolution maybe run over 2GB idk. Kinda crazy specs. Yea the GTX 660 get like 40-60FPS on BF3 on all Ultra. from what I know.

There are lots of developers out there going crazy with memory use on the 8GB next gen consoles right about now, and I would expect that to carry over to PC versions as well.

There are lots of developers out there going crazy with memory use on the 8GB next gen consoles right about now, and I would expect that to carry over to PC versions as well.
Exactly.

Not to mention, BF3 can easily use over 2GB with Ultra settings at 1080p in the first place. :thup:

2GB is the minimum now IMO. 3GB is the sweetspot for 1080p.

Well Nvidia only makes 2GB 4GB and 6GB so yea 3GB is for AMD.

I also think BF4 Did that because they are partnered with AMD and AMD makes most cards 3GB not 2GB. Who knows maybe its just marketing fluke

Also I think 2GB 1080p is the sweetspot.

I really hope im not goona replace my 2 gtx760 oc edition and can run the game max out in 1080p. ;) But hey, then i have to get a amd gfx and sell the others...

Nice spec for this game.

I also think BF4 Did that because they are partnered with AMD and AMD makes most cards 3GB not 2GB. Who knows maybe its just marketing fluke

Ehh, only AMD's 7950, and 7970 have 3GB. Their midrange line, 7870 on down, is 2GB or 1GB.

Also, as Xeon said, Nvidia has the 780 (3GB) and Titan (6GB). But I have a feeling that their next gen will be a 3GB/6GB situation on 384 bit bus... or if 256bit/512bit, 4GB to be the norm.

I am not one bit surprised by this. 3gb is the min I would buy on a card (assuming you got a card in 2013). Even before they announced this this. That's why I was totally bumed when Nvidia rolled the 770 out with 2gb of memory. I don't think people should have issues with this game at 1080 as long as you are ok turning the settings down. 2013 - I kind of say shame on Nvidia for launching a high-end card with 2gb of memory.

Really!!?? :screwy:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718118

BF3 is multiplier can use more than 2gb already...I think AMD just played it smart rolling out cards with 3gb of memory in the 7xxx series.

I think 2GB cards will be just fine in BF4 the most you would have to do is drop a few setting mainly AA and it should be more than playable.

Guess I was wrong BF3 does run over 2GB. I though I seen a mod on Battlelog say it runs below that at 1080p Idk.
But I think my GTX 760 can run BF4 med/high 1080p 60FPS

Nvidia did say 700 series was the answer to Battlefield 4 so my card better be good Lol joking but they did say that.

I think 2GB cards will be just fine in BF4 the most you would have to do is drop a few setting mainly AA and it should be more than playable.
I also agree. I have just figured out however that I am apparently 'fancy pants' (lol!) and run things at their highest settings (what it is supposed to look like). With BF3, with a 1.5GB card on 1080p I was hitching like crazy. A 2GB card helped, but the 3GB cards I used in that game were buttery smooth 100% of the time with all the settings maxed out.

I'm just afraid that if its anything like BF3, that same experience may happen to others. :shrug: :thup:

Guess I was wrong BF3 does run over 2GB. I though I seen a mod on Battlelog say it runs below that at 1080p Idk.

Nvidia did say 700 series was the answer to Battlefield 4 so my card better be good Lol joking but they did say that.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718118
In my experience, it seems to scale a bit with the amount of vram you have. To what end, I do not know. But the experience at 2GB is fine 99% of the time.

I would say you are prob correct. No AA and med/high you should get something in the 50-60 area. We won't officially know until the game comes out and I would guess drivers will improve performance overtime.

My card is under 30 day warranty and I got it for 300 dollars I am taking it back and getting the GTX 760 4GB will I see much a difference if I do that or should I keep the GTX 760 2GB

You likely wont see much difference really. The game isnt released yet, but signs do point to 2GB being the minimum these days. Nvidia is in a pickle there if that comes true with BF4 which I believe is an AMD 'sponsored' game which AMD as mentioned earlier, is in the console business with 8GB of vram... it may not help now, but could help in the future. Personally, I would just hold on to it and see what happens.

Well I have until the 17th so I'll wait untill the 17th If I see some other stuff about it then yea. I might.

My card is under 30 day warranty and I got it for 300 dollars I am taking it back and getting the GTX 760 4GB will I see much a difference if I do that or should I keep the GTX 760 2GB

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the point in doing it for a 760. If you had a 770 I might say yeah - sure go for the 4gb version. But with a 760 I dont think it's worth it. I think the card is just slower and don't think the vram limitation would be the issue. I think the cards pure processing power would be a larger hindrance.

What I dont get is the two cards they have both sell has 2GB cards. And you can get both in 4GB or something like that.
So something is not right here.

so my gtx650 2gb sc wont work :'( lool
jk i seen the minimum. dang that is low. i mean even with low settings i wouldnt expect something that old to hold up very well.

Back