• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800GT OC- got it but having probelms

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
installed it, and have tried 61.34 and 61.71 drivers default speeds, i crash in 3dmark03 and aquamark. NANDRO you there? help please

Dragonprince

If you put it in the same rig as the Pro Id suggest a driver cleaner to make sure everythings installed correctly with the new card...

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
Dragonprince said:
If you put it in the same rig as the Pro Id suggest a driver cleaner to make sure everythings installed correctly with the new card...
i did use driver cleaner on the ATI drivers, should i clean all of the drivers?

Steven4563

uninstall Video dirvers and mothewrboard drivers then run a driver cleaner or fresh install of windows then install motherboard drivers then G-card drivers

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
Steven4563 said:
uninstall Video dirvers and mothewrboard drivers then run a driver cleaner or fresh install of windows then install motherboard drivers then G-card drivers
OK, so now i can get through Aquamark, but 3dmark03 freezes up, isn't there a patch for 3dmark03 that fixes NV problems? may its my antec tru330w not enough?

Last edited:

Dragonprince

I'd have to point at that 330w power supply. Maybe why your crashing, once the other half of the core powers up to do 3D work it might not have the juice needed. Try disconnecting a couple of non-critical components to lighten the load on the supply, like extra CD-ROM's or harddrives. If that solves the problem there's your answer.

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
yeah it sure feels like the gpu isn't pulling enough power under load, im going to try to unplug a few things, and lower the core a little

scott_55X

If I read that correctly, you have a 330W power supply? I would agree that it isn't enough. A classic symptom is lock ups during heavy 3D load. I would say you wan't a good quality 400W at least.

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
scott_55X said:
If I read that correctly, you have a 330W power supply? I would agree that it isn't enough. A classic symptom is lock ups during heavy 3D load. I would say you wan't a good quality 400W at least.
hmm ok i got it working, ran my cpu at default, unplugged 2 opticals, and 3 fans... i tried unplugging the stuff only and ran my cpu OCed and it crashed.

on another point, would benching with 3dmarko3 320 yeild different scores than 420?the patches is what im referring too thanks

JCLW

bobmanfoo said:
hmm ok i got it working, ran my cpu at default, unplugged 2 opticals, and 3 fans... i tried unplugging the stuff only and ran my cpu OCed and it crashed.

on another point, would benching with 3dmarko3 320 yeild different scores than 420?the patches is what im referring too thanks
You might get different scores - that's what the patches are mainly for. ;)

Is your AGP/PCI bus locked at 33/66? maybe it doesn't like the out of spec bus.

Any thoughts comparing it to the X800? We've all seen the benchies, but I'd like to know what you think about the driver layout, noise comparisons, overclocking (when you get to it), and all the other little things. I guess it takes a little more power. ;)

OP
B

bobmanfoo

Disabled
ok, first off i got it working. i had to lower my cpu OC which was prime stable, think i might need a new PSU,
well my 3dmarkO3 scores will have to be done tomorrow when i reinstall the old patch to compare. as for sound, its MUCH louder, which defeats the purpose of my newly acquired CM aquagate. it loads at 85 with stock hs, idles around 65C. haven't gamed much, but i could tell you its close, the faster card depends on the game.
i haven't a chance to OC yet, i know iknow, i've been trying to get my system stable
i will start a new thread tomorrow, with more detail and info k? spent the whole day getting my system to stable

JCLW said:
You might get different scores - that's what the patches are mainly for. ;)

Is your AGP/PCI bus locked at 33/66? maybe it doesn't like the out of spec bus.

Any thoughts comparing it to the X800? We've all seen the benchies, but I'd like to know what you think about the driver layout, noise comparisons, overclocking (when you get to it), and all the other little things. I guess it takes a little more power. ;)