• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG - Terrible support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damon2495

I bought a BFG GTX 260 OCX MAXCORE graphics card a while ago and quickly discovered it was faulty. I provided the initial information requested by BFG and they accepted it would be returned. I was asked to fill in an online RMA request, which included a required entry for my ‘phone number’… After trying all my numbers (to no avail) I emailed BFG querying the entry, as it wouldn’t let me complete the form without it. I then emailed them again. And again. Eventually someone replied with a random number which let me complete the form.

I packed up the card, as instructed, and couriered it back to BFG. According to their online tracking system, they received it on 24th November. Six weeks later and I still have no card.

I have emailed them, repeatedly. Several emails get ignored and eventually someone will reply saying they’ll look into it and I never hear anything else. Is this normal with BFG? I’ve had several of their cards in the past but, based on this experience, will not be buying any others. Does anyone have any contacts or advice?

Thanks.

Nebulous

Señor Senior, Senior
Have you tried calling them directly? This is the contact info I found on their website:

Toll Free Tech Support

1-866-BFGFIXX (1-866-234-3499)

Corporate: 1-847-281-3110

Fax: 1-847-281-3118

I also found this:

Corporate Office Address:

14048 Petronella Dr.
Libertyville, Illinois 60048

(Do not send RMA product here)

jokers_greg

just my 2 cents, I've had excellent support from BFG in the past, with regards to RMAing my old 9800GX2, got a fresh card almost instantly after shipping mine out, and I'm in Canda!

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I know email isn't taken as seriously in business compared to phone calls. If you started with calling the support line, rather than attempting to work thru email - you might have found a night and day difference. I'd be interested to see where you get once you start working with them over the phone.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
I know I'm just repeating what everyone else said, but call them. I have never once heard a bad word about BFG support, maybe your stuff managed to get lost somehow?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
First post is a rant about BFG.........Welcome!!!! :)

Call them. Report back with likely different and more satisfactory results!

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
First post is a rant about BFG.........Welcome!!!! :)

Call them. Report back with likely different and more satisfactory results!

Doesn't mean his issue isn't legit - it sounds like maybe his goods got mixed up, and he didn't follow the best procedure to follow up on it. His pain will likely be alleviated once he gets on the phone with support.

Still, it'd be nice if emails were replied to - a lot of companies don't take emails from external parties seriously. Bugs the hell out of me - if someone left you a voicemail, you'd call them back in a timely manner. Why isn't there the same level of expectations for email in 2010?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Yeah, email support is poor from several places...no doubt. These days though, its worse (as far as effort) to call but the results are noticeably better.

Absolutely they should be replied to!!! Email is a faceless person. And without that 'face' it wont be taken seriously in a lot of places which is without a doubt a sad state of affairs.

I know hes not a spammer and that this is legit. I just personally find it odd to join a forum to rant about poor service from company X...especially when all normal routes havent been exhausted. But as I reread the OP, I see that he didnt even know a phone number was available...... ;) **NOM NOM NOM on my foot NOM NOM NOM**

Last edited:
OP
D

Damon2495

Sorry, I should have specified earlier - I'm in the UK and (strangely) I cannot find a single UK phone number to call, even though it's where the card has been returned to.

I'm not here just to slate them - I've had about four of their cards in the past and they've always been fast and reliable, but this experience is annoying (at best).

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Looks like you're going to need a calling card or prepare for a higher phone bill:
Toll free Tech Support in USA and Canada only:

1.866.BFGFIXX (1.866.234.3499)

For customers outside the USA, please use the following number.

NOTE: This is a TOLL call andyour phone bill will reflect the charge.
(Quoted from here.)

OP
D

Damon2495

Well, my repaired card finally arrived on Monday.

About a month to get an RMA number, numerous ignored emails and six weeks to return the card after BFG received it from me. Not the greatest, but at least I have it back.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Here is my two cents on BFG as what I am experiencing right now. I bought 2 GTX 480 cards from them a while back near there initial release. They were running fine for a very long time no issues. All of a sudden I was getting display errors then crashes.

So I tested each card separately and found the same issues on both. I tested old 8800s to see if it was something else and they ran fine and tested the dead cards on another system. So I called there support and and set up an RMA for both 480s no questions asked really (very nice support on the phone). I sent them in (paid for postage) and received new ones back (less than 2 week turn around, so fast).

I put them into the system and tried them out. Video would go crazy (static pink and black screen) when trying to run games (on start up) so I tested them separately and found that one was DOA.

So I called BFG again for another RMA on the DOA Card. They set it up no questions asked (made me pay postage again). So while waiting recently for the RMA card to return the other 280 started doing the same thing LOL. I received the RMA card today and low and behold its a different card than I sent in, its a 275 LOL (which isn't that bad considered it gets better FPS than the 280 in most scenarios). So I called them again to tell them about the card difference and the other 280 being dead. The support is now sending me a 275 without sending the other card in first and is now paying for postage.

Long story....

I am torn with the service, they are nice and the turn around is fast but I guess i had the worst luck with cards.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Here is my two cents on BFG as what I am experiencing right now. I bought 2 GTX 480 cards from them a while back near there initial release. They were running fine for a very long time no issues. All of a sudden I was getting display errors then crashes.

So I tested each card separately and found the same issues on both. I tested old 8800s to see if it was something else and they ran fine and tested the dead cards on another system. So I called there support and and set up an RMA for both 480s no questions asked really (very nice support on the phone). I sent them in (paid for postage) and received new ones back (less than 2 week turn around, so fast).

I put them into the system and tried them out. Video would go crazy (static pink and black screen) when trying to run games (on start up) so I tested them separately and found that one was DOA.

So I called BFG again for another RMA on the DOA Card. They set it up no questions asked (made me pay postage again). So while waiting recently for the RMA card to return the other 280 started doing the same thing LOL. I received the RMA card today and low and behold its a different card than I sent in, its a 275 LOL (which isn't that bad considered it gets better FPS than the 280 in most scenarios). So I called them again to tell them about the card difference and the other 280 being dead. The support is now sending me a 275 without sending the other card in first and is now paying for postage.

Long story....

I am torn with the service, they are nice and the turn around is fast but I guess i had the worst luck with cards.

So you started with two 480s, went to two 280s, then to two 275s. The 280->275 jump makes sense. What happened to the 480s in your first paragraph?