• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Bang II Drivers Whql 180.48

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I noticed an average of 10% increase in fps in Left 4 Dead, but had to revert as it kept crashing me. Real shame, I cant seem to get it working stable.
it seems these driver cause problems with left 4 dead, freezing, crashing, ppl said to try running l4d in windows mode, what i read on l4d forums :)

Its a shame to pay almost 600 dollars for a video card and then have that card held back by drivers. I honestly think that these new cards can do 10 times better than what they do but Nvidia isnt letting drivers out that will allow full potential of the card!

It takes a video card company months and months to continually refine drivers. Its the same story every card release. Nvidia isn't half-assin' it.

I noticed an average of 10% increase in fps in Left 4 Dead, but had to revert as it kept crashing me. Real shame, I cant seem to get it working stable.

i didnt have any problems with l4d with 180.48 on my 8800gt but i did have LOTS of crashing and stuttering in Need for Speed Undercover. i also had trouble with the dualcore optimization feature in l4d which game me lots of hitching and crashes

Can someone confirm these are working stable with 8800gt, I have the 177.79 and don't plan to move because instability with other drivers. So can someone confirm these are very stable with an 8800gt, cause I have games that will display random textures on screen, BSODs and green artifacts very easily with other drivers. I already got tired of jumping around testing different drivers.

PS: Whisky, I fell for the Naked Roaches, TX lol

Interesting. I've had no issues what so ever with these drivers and L4D. I don't play as much as some, but I think steam told me I played 24 hours this past week for L4D . . .

Impressive improvement over the old drivers.

Can someone confirm these are working stable with 8800gt, I have the 177.79 and don't plan to move because instability with other drivers. So can someone confirm these are very stable with an 8800gt, cause I have games that will display random textures on screen, BSODs and green artifacts very easily with other drivers. I already got tired of jumping around testing different drivers.

PS: Whisky, I fell for the Naked Roaches, TX lol

Stable for me

Back