• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIG ? for KT4 and t-bred owners ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

OK, I need to know if the MSI KT4 can unlock the multi on a Thorougbred WITHOUT any bridge work. The ASUS can, and the rumor is that other KT400 Chipset mobos should, BUT I NEED SOMEONE TO TRY THIS OUT AND LET ME KNOW.

So if you have a t-bred and a KT4, try go into bios, lower your cpu multi, and see if you boot up with a lower speed.

PLEASE, can someone try this?

Thanks

OP
N

none1

MSI = NOPE, can not unlock the LOWER multis on the high speed (2400+) tbredbs.

The word is that the slower speed tbreda (e.g. sold at newegg, 1700+) are coming unlocked, and all KT400, and KT333, can get all the multis.

Now, the tbredb's ARE aparently UNLOCKED for the kt333 and kt400, BUT, only for HIGHER multipliers (e.g. over 12.5) If you want to get LOWER multipliers (ocers do when we up the FSB) then you have to (A) do bridge work or (B) get a board that does this for you.

Currently, I have seen abit, asus, and epox owners say they can get all multis for the tbredb on the kt400. I have seen MSI owners WHO CAN NOT.

Let me know if this is unclear, there's a lot going on in this post. :)

pby5cat

so, all of the TbredA's are unlocked all multipliers on KT400 boards including MSI? how about the 2200 tbredA?

pby5cat

is ur chip a Tbred, heres the PIO codes;
palominos: AX2000DMT3C
TbredA: AXDA2000DKT3C
TbredB/A:AXDA2000UT3C, TbredA if stepping is AIRGA, TbredB if stepping is AIVAR
do this ONLY if u chip is a TbredA/B

jimmystoba

Registered
I think mine's a palomino.:(
If you want me to do anything with it, you'll have to be a little less 'techno' and a bit more 'layman'.:confused:
I can find my way around bios and stuff but 'speak english boy';)

AMD Athlon 2000+XP (Akasa AK-785CU H/S+fan 35dba)
MSI KT4 Ultra SR
Geeforce2 MX440
256 PC333
40G 72000rpm
Budget ATX case with 400W P/Supply
Windows XP Pro

masterB

IT WORKED weeeeeeeee

I am running a Thorougbred 1700+XP (OEM) on MSI KT4 Ultra SR mobo and I can change it to any mutiplier I want to, currently at 140Mhz X 12 right now and my god it is totally STABLE.... Temperature is 49C in idle and the voltage is max out at 1.6V

My PC spec:
KT4 Ultra SR mobo
AMD 1700+ XP Thorougbred OEM
Thermal HS SK+6 and fan
256MB Kingston DDRam 2700 CAS 2.5
MSI-8888 8X AGP video card
2 x 30GB Maxtor ATA133 HD liquid fluid bearing
SONY DVDrom
LITEON burner

I tried the last setting on MSI bios (x12.5/x13) at 140MHz of FSB and I was able to boot onto winXP but it failed when I run any benchmarks or games. I will try to change some memory setting to see if it is stable at x12.5/x13 or not later or maybe more voltage is needed for that high os mutiplier..

My only problem is I can not get the RAID channel to see 2 HD no matter how I hook up the HD, anyone got a solution to fix this problem please let me know

THANKS

OP
N

none1

pby5cat said:
so, all of the TbredA's are unlocked all multipliers on KT400 boards including MSI? how about the 2200 tbredA?

Don't know where the 2200 tbreda defaults its multi at. If the default multi is 12.5 or higher, then NO, the MSI kt400 will not give you anything lower than 12.5, but should give you access to higher than 12.5, but generally you don't want the multis higher than default for ocing. I know the LOWER tbreda's default to a lower than 12.5 multi, and so even the MSI kt400 unlocks these chips.

OP
N

none1

masterB said:
IT WORKED weeeeeeeee

I am running a Thorougbred 1700+XP (OEM) on MSI KT4 Ultra SR mobo and I can change it to any mutiplier I want to, currently at 140Mhz X 12 right now and my god it is totally STABLE.... Temperature is 49C in idle and the voltage is max out at 1.6V

My PC spec:
KT4 Ultra SR mobo
AMD 1700+ XP Thorougbred OEM
Thermal HS SK+6 and fan
256MB Kingston DDRam 2700 CAS 2.5
MSI-8888 8X AGP video card
2 x 30GB Maxtor ATA133 HD liquid fluid bearing
SONY DVDrom
LITEON burner

I tried the last setting on MSI bios (x12.5/x13) at 140MHz of FSB and I was able to boot onto winXP but it failed when I run any benchmarks or games. I will try to change some memory setting to see if it is stable at x12.5/x13 or not later or maybe more voltage is needed for that high os mutiplier..

My only problem is I can not get the RAID channel to see 2 HD no matter how I hook up the HD, anyone got a solution to fix this problem please let me know

THANKS

FSB = LIFE!!!

Try LOWERING your multi, and UPPING your FSB. GOAL is the higest FSB possible FIRST, then up the multi.

150 to 166 FSB ?MAY? be unstable if your PCI / AGP stuff cant handle the fastest speed.

SO GO FOR 166!!

TRY like 9 multi and FSB = 166. It WILL <well high probability should> work with your system. Then, keep upping the FSB until unstable, then back down. 175 FSB = 175/5 = only 35 PCI, and many MSI boards get here. Your memory should handle that no probs, as default for PC2700 is 166 FSB.

GOOD LUCK

addicted to OC .......

HeXaDeCiMaL

I have a XP2000+ (unlocked myself) @ 9.5 x 186Mhz fully stable on the KT4 Ultra, wont post at 190, I think ~188FSB will be about the limit of this board. It doesn't seem to like much past 37Mhz PCI.

And do as the fellow said, drop the multi set it to 166FSB and the 1/5th divider will kick in and you should be fine, theres also aparently a new BIOS comming out that gives a 1/6th divider, which will be nice :D

masterB

UPDATE:
my 1700+XP is now running totally stable at 170X10 with 1.6V anything higher it will post but wont boot onto winXP... Happy with a 1.7Ghz right now...
thanks for all the helps

jacheatamobits

thats a good OC

sorry to kinda hijack, but i seem to remember that a couple higher multi's were unloked for my XP1600. like 11, and 11.5, and 12. i think that higher multi auto-unlocks should be more common than not, so that these chips can run @ rated speed w/out voiding warranty