• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big(ish) TF2 Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blazing fire

When's the sniper update??? can't wait to kill faster in orange. If there are no pesty scouts, I usually take down 8/16 people in an instant respawn server. IE: ~ 2.5 second per headshot.

tom10167

I think the engy update is pretty ridiculous.

It's probably me 2nd or 3rd favorite class but the thing I liked was that a terrible engy wasn't guaranteed points and engineers had to work together, putting dispensers next to eachother etc

now none of that matters its basically impossible to **** up engineer

OP
Omsion

Omsion

I think the engy update is pretty ridiculous.

It's probably me 2nd or 3rd favorite class but the thing I liked was that a terrible engy wasn't guaranteed points and engineers had to work together, putting dispensers next to eachother etc

now none of that matters its basically impossible to **** up engineer
Yes it is - quite easy. See Hazaro's post for some examples of bad engineering. :beer:
Images of Engies getting owned

Also, the bad engies are liable to suck even more now, since there is a cost to all these shiny new upgrades - in metal, and especially time - that the bad engies don't seem to recongnize. So in a fast moving game, they pretty much amount to nothing (except for those nice L3 teleports) because either
a. they get too attached to their uber L3 nest to move it somewhere more useful
b. they can't get setup at all because they can't prioritize and they spend their time having stuff blow up

And of course, crappy placement is always a problem :rolleyes:

Leviathan41

I believe it does officially support multicores (since late last year). And mat_queue_mode 1 does work... but I've been playing the damned game for a YEAR (before getting this mobo and CPU...) without having to do that.
Yeah, I think it supports it, but the implementation is pretty buggy at the moment. Multi-core support works pretty well in L4D, so hopefully they will fix it in TF2 before long, but in the mean time there are several threads on the Steam forums about how to get multiple cores to work better in TF2. Here is a pretty good one: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694944

Good luck!

Hazaro

Why why why must engies place SGs in the same places :( (and what were those doing in front of their spawn :confused:)
Makes my inner engi sad.

L3 dispensers are really useful. Medic-speed healing is good for the team.

:p

First thing I did as an engie was build stuff at spawn, everyone was pretty much goofing around the first 6 matches. Then played demo.

About the 3 sentry pic, they had another 2 on the left as well :rolleyes:
More destructions than deaths. That is plain wrong.

hl22008-12-1118-49-05-78Large.jpg
hl22008-12-1312-37-55-47Large.jpg
hl22008-12-1312-37-59-71Large.jpg
hl22008-12-1312-38-41-25Large.jpg
hl22008-12-1314-11-57-30Large.jpg

Dispenser on cart blocks projectiles which sucks :[

Last edited:

Angel-of-Sorrow

I found a potential third glitch. Apparently both stickies and grenades can be shot and destroyed. I don't think grenades were mean't to be the same way, but who knows.

Hazaro

I found a potential third glitch. Apparently both stickies and grenades can be shot and destroyed. I don't think grenades were mean't to be the same way, but who knows.

Bull****. If they did that to nades I'm going to be ****ed, but I doubt it.

Angel-of-Sorrow

Bull****. If they did that to nades I'm going to be ****ed, but I doubt it.

Well, it works right now. I just don't know if it's a glitch or not. Friend of mine didn't believe it either, so I showed him. Luckily, nades are a lot harder to break before they go off then a sticky.

Mr.Guvernment

Why why why must engies place SGs in the same places :( (and what were those doing in front of their spawn :confused:)
Makes my inner engi sad.

Be creative people! It leads to good fun and many many kills :beer:

L3 dispensers are really useful. Medic-speed healing is good for the team.

because most of the time those same places are good places if defended well, there are only so many places you can put gear and have a chance of defending well.

i only play on a modded server but i am glad to see the much faster teleporters, now many i will play on normal servers again.