• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Typhoon: Bad in case w/ No Side Vent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobDMB

Registered
I'm wondering if anyone uses a big typhoon in a case that does not have a side vent. I'm wondering if because the big typhoon is so tall, if it would be starved for air in a case that has no side vent. I was considering using it in an antec p150 case and was looking for feedback from anyone who may have a simliar situation. Thanks, Rob

Know Nuttin

I used it in my case with no side intake, and it was "ok". It definitely benefited from my making a side intake for it but the performance was still fine. Difference was a few degrees on load. Using an Antec 1030.

OP
R

RobDMB

Registered
I'm concerned about this since I have no plans on putting a side intake on my case. I'm thinking maybe I should either buy a smaller profile cooler like the xp120 or just buy a ninja and orient the fan to blow toward the exhaust of the case.