• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

biggest w00t ever...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Bolton

wow!! i've never gotten linux online with 56k before! this is the first time i've actually had a hardware modem that i could get linux to recognize..so i'm officially online in linux for the first time since i left college back in may. its nice to be back! redhat 8 recognized my USR modem with a sinch...this roxors so much. now to go try do get my 3d acceleration working...anyone wanna give me some pointers?

jeff

OP
Jeff Bolton

Jeff Bolton

i got the nvidia drivers installed with little to no pain at all. it was a LOT easier than i expected it to be...in fact, i'm about to make a huge post about getting nvidia to work in rh8 since nvidia has only released official drivers for up to rh7.3 thus far.

i can't take credit for it (got the info from the nvidia forums) but if someone here can benefit from it then thats good.

jeff

eli

My biggest w00t came when i got my winmodem working in 7.2. Those were the days. I can't wait to go deeper into linux. I want to become a l337 h4x0r. (not really, i just want to know linux in and out)