• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios and overclocking questions to fellow it7-max2 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nard

Registered
1)
i was wondering if you guys enable "enhanced dram performance" in the bios. since i know this would affect my stability at higher clockrates.

2)
does the c6 bios fix the cold boot problem? i just got my mobo a few days ago, and it stalled on me on the a7. and wondering if this bios fixes it up.

3)
how much does 1:1 and 3:4 differ in synthetic benchmarks and in games. i know i can get my p4 to [email protected] with 1:1 and do sandra for a long time, but i havnt gotten to prime95 test it yet. on the otherhand i have only got to barely 3ghz with 166fsb with 3:4 and this i did prime95 test for over 10 hours without an error.

[email protected] my voltages are at 1.575(cpu) and my vdimm voltage is at 2.7

4)
last question, where do i get the files needed in order for winxp to detect my harddrive during setup. i can install it on the normal ata channels, and then switch it over to the serial ata and it will boot into windows fine. but it cant find the harddrive on serial ata during setup.

thanks all hehe. although i have only recently converted over to intel, I think i have a pretty good proc. a C1 version of the 2.4b which does quite well in my opinion

Chez

1) I'm not entirely sure what this does, I heard somewhere that it changes the memory clock cycle from 2T to 1T.

Stability with this would depend on the specs of your ram.

2) I think the majority of cold boot issues are down to what RAM you use. I know from personal experience that Corsair works well with this board and the C6 bios. Were you running the FSB particularly high when you got the A7, I've had that before, but it stops if you lower the FSB by 1 or 2 MHz.

3) I'd go for the slightly lower clock speed and have the ram at 3:4, but that's me!! I don't think a 600MHz overclock is too bad if you're using air cooling???

4) Abit give them to you!! You should have got a floppy disk with Highpoint drivers on it. When XP setup starts, there's an option to press a key if you want to load additional SCSI drivers for setup to use. Do this and use the drivers on the disk.

Hope that helps
Chez

OP
N

nard

Registered
okay thx. im using the corsair xms pc3200 c2, and using a big swify mcx4000 with a 40cfm panaflo.

temps are pretty good, 39c idle and 50-51c full load with prime95 for hours.

i think i found a sweetspot tho.

166fsb i can have it prime95 for 10+hours on only 1.55v, but 167fsb requires 1.625 volt to prime95 for 10+ hours. this is using the ram at 3:4 with 2.8vdimm, at 2 3 6 3 and enhanced dram performance enabled.