• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS warning ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grande Juan

The last few times I've restarted, my bios screen halts and displays a warning something like "Hardrive failure emminent back up files now, and replace hardrive immediatly" after that I just launch windows anyway and everything seems to be okay. The HD seems to be working fine no errors, no strange noises. So my question is should I send the HD back for an RMA now or wait till she blows? It's a Quantum Fireball 30 gig 7200 rpm, less than 1 year old mildly oc'ed. Basicly how much faith should I bestow upon the Award bios warning? Is there some other way to check it? Thanks for any and all replies. I would hate to wait, then have it let go one day after the warrenty expires. edit, I also checked the sticky but was unable to link to powermax. But it should be easy enough to locate.

Last edited:

stool

You'll most likely have to run Powermax to get an RMA, at least that has been my experience with Maxtor.

OP
G

Grande Juan

Thanks, I downloaded powermax, put it on a floppy but I can't seem to get it to run. I believe I followed the directions to a tee, Is another worthwhile program available? What am I doing wrong?