• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios wont flash on ak31 rev 3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkan

im trying to flash an ak35 bios onto my ak31 my problem is that it it just doesnt work. the award flash program runs for a sec but does nothing my floppy light stays on until i manually reset the system.
it does this with the /qi swtich as well as when i try to do it with autoexec.bat with the line awdflash.exe ak35h00f /sn /py /cc /r /ld /nbl

both ways seem to work for others but i cant figure out why its not doing anything its not even giving me any errors. could i have the wrong version of the flash utility?
and ive already made certain the bios write protect is off please help

im not sure what the prob is, but r u sure u want to flash with that bios? i have heard of people seriously screwing up their boards with it

bios

While I don't recommend flashing to the AK35 bios, although I have seen people do it...

Try using the AK35s00d bios. And make absolutely sure you've got the bios write-protection jumper in the right position to flash.

Is it supposed to give you the extra vcore options? I thought a vmod was still required for that. Do you want to do it for FSB above 166? Download cpucool from www.podien.de That'll get you above 166.

thanks for the advice but those solutions wont increase my ram scores and performance like the ak35 bios will and iwhile in irc chast today i heard rumors that the ak35 bios has the 1/5 pci divider in some versions of the bios

ak35 bios

Now that sounds interesting... 1/5 dividers. I know kt266a chipsets don't support more than 1/4, although some board manufacturers claim to have the dividers but don't guarantee that they work.

Hmmm, maybe I should flash to a newer bios... I was trying to hold out until the bioses with T-bred support show up. The h00f bios supposedly has the 1/5 divider? Guess I'll give it a shot and find out.

Not sure why you can't flash with the /qi tag... You should be able to. But as I said, I've only seen the AK35s00d bios used on AK31's. Might be that's the problem.

Try Uniflash. It may be that Award is detecting the mismatch. Do a Google search and it'll come right up.

im not sure which bios might have the dividers bc the guy was speaking in german and i was trying to translate out of a book to understand him
he said something like "if u do the right bio u can have the lower dividers like epox does" hell if i know what hes talking about whee can i find the bios u mentioned? i got this one off shuttles site

Back