• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios work is done, NEED A DAM DRIVER!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbochris

Registered
Promise Ultra 100 TX2 rev 2

I took my A7N8X bios, added rd268v200024 from http://www.be.wakwak.com/~pierrot/pub/square/partsbox.htm. Then I corrupted the bios on the promise ultra100tx2 rev 2. rebooted and sure enough, it worked!

I fdisked and formatted the new raid array, but I'm going through hell trying to find drivers! I guess I could go to the ulta 133 lite bios but I really like the setup menu in the fasttrak bios. besides, my drives are only ata 100 anyway.

I think I need pierrot's rd268d200b6 but I can't find them, I also tried to change some fasttrak drivers by editing the inf and textsetup files. I even went as far as trying to ghost a working image with loaded drivers from another drive onto the array but it boots up and says I have no swap file and goes into a loop.

I just need something that will work so I can use F6 and get windows setup to recognize the drive.

so close, can't give up

OP
T

turbochris

Registered
Alright, I'm good now. I didn't realize pierrot's latest driver pack pretty much had everything I needed. The drivers were all labeled fastrack133 followed by the chip identification number. I just matched up the chip and OS and now I'm booting off my cheap raid array. Tough mod but anything is good that saves money.