• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar A960D+V3 6-X have any fix for core performance boost not working with FX-6300 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aug

Registered
Hello.
Thanks for reading my topic.

That mainboard Biostar A960D+V3 6-X start using AMD FX-6300.
OS and softwares work correctly.
However the AMD FX core performance boost feature ( single core to 4,1 GHz and all cores to 3,8 GHz ) not work.
The mainboard BIOS is AMI version 8.00.15 and mainboard BIOS version is 2.61 2019-01-10.
In BIOS CPU settings have correct details about AMD FX-6300 , but the core performance boost is in gray color not being possible enable it.
I have tried contact in Biostar support and the reply is that problem was flaw from Biostar not adding the data about FX-6300 in the BIOS.

Have any Bios moding for that mainboard A960D+V3 6-X fixing that bug ?
Have any other solution to fix it ?
I use Linux Ubuntu 20.04.5.

Thanks for reading.
Have an nice day.

Get a board that officially supports the chip (read, isnt missing anything about boost) is my suggestion. That board is incredibly cheap in the first place. Poor vrms... surprised it actually supports a 125w processor.

Also, cross posting....been told all of this already...

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...rmance-boost-not-working-with-fx-6300.306429/

"Get a board that officially supports the chip (read, isnt missing anything about boost) is my suggestion. That board is incredibly cheap in the first place. Poor vrms... surprised it actually supports a 125w processor."

That mainboard use NB 760G from Athlon 64 X2 AM2+ age.
The best choice is an mainboard having an NB 900 series. However an new state is much hard to find one.
Also using that FX 6 cores not having an power above of 70 watts and performance is as being an same thing between an NB 760G and an 900 series.

"Also, cross posting....been told all of this already..."

There is anothers types of questions.

Back