• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bit of a Long Shot--Best Cooling for Q6600 in an HP DX2300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No sweat. Keep us posted! :thup:
Will do! :cool:

What about the old school zalman flower heat sinks like the Zalman CNPS7000 or CNPS8900 Or one of the newer ones like the CNPS2X Mini with an adapter plate?
Because I won't have much time to work on this, there's no way I'll be able to change the mounting plate on the motherboard or take it out of the case for anything else. If there was any overclocking capability, I'd probably look into more exotic cooling, but with a stock HP board it's just going to be a nice and stable q6600.

Will do! :cool:

Because I won't have much time to work on this, there's no way I'll be able to change the mounting plate on the motherboard or take it out of the case for anything else. If there was any overclocking capability, I'd probably look into more exotic cooling, but with a stock HP board it's just going to be a nice and stable q6600.

The mounts can be bought online, and you'd only need it for the CNPS2X as they dont come with 775 mounts . most other flower heatsinks zalman makes come with 775 mounts like the two other I suggested

Back