• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BitFenix Prodigy M Modded for ATX Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

Had this one on the back burner for a long time and finally got around to moving my current System (in sig) into this case. Just some simple Dremel tool Modding to squeeze my ATX Motherboard into the BitFenix Prodigy M. Tolerances were just barely. There is actually some friction at the top and bottom of the Motherboard. I haven't mounted the 180mm fan yet, and I've come to the conclusion it's not even close to worth it to try and get it into the case. I'm going to mount it outside the bottom of the case, there's still like 1.5" clearance off the floor with the fan mounted underneath the case.

Bit of a hack job but worked out well, and she's purring like a kitten in the new case right now.

Edit: Why wouldn't they have accommodated ATX motherboards in this case to begin with, it seems like it would be a good selling point for an ATX System builder.

====================

Last edited: