• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Screen after Welcome login (no explorer no safe mode)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ar.Pi

Registered
Hi all,

After welcome login screen win 10 the screen is blank (it also takes much longer than usual to startup).

I can't seem to get properly to start explorer. I can only see task manager. I can't go into Safe Mode either (same black screen). I can only go to Safe Mode with CMD and after I exit cmd its all black.

Could it be a GPU driver issue? How would I uninstall it? I can't enter or see anything. I can still open file explorer but nothing runs. Can't start cmd from windows, can't start new explorer.exe (it show 2 instances of it in task manager).

Tried sfc, DISM, system restore (error couldn't restore), system startup repair.... It used to happen before, rarely, but restart would have solved it.

Please help
Thank you.

i've ran into this issue before, the only way I was able to fix it was to wipe the machine and start over if i recall correctly.

Will a Windows Refresh help here?

I really don't want to reinstall everything all over again.

Also I have Winstep Nexus Dock - which does appear on the black screen. Could it be the culprit? I tried to disable from task manager but it still shows up after restart.

Also I have Winstep Nexus Dock - which does appear on the black screen. Could it be the culprit? I tried to disable from task manager but it still shows up after restart.
Thats possible.. It does muck with the GUI...

First of all, I just did a complete custom Windows 10 install.

I have been running into this problem too. Before and after the clean Win10 install. I have dual monitors. One connected to Display Port and one into HDMI. At restarts, I get past the bios option and right after Windows logo the monitor that's connected to the DP goes black like when it is not receiving any signal and the monitor on blue light is blinking. The monitor connected to HDMI is also black but the monitor on light is steady. If I disconnect the monitor from the DP, the HDMI monitor comes on with windows loads. As soon as I'm in windows, I connect the DP monitor and it works. It's a pain to have to keep disconnecting and connecting the DP monitor.

I've also run into the black screen problem when coming out of sleep. DP monitor doesn't receive a signal either. It's related to the signal from the DP but no one has been able to figure out why. I've seen multiple threads where people have RMA'd their GPUs but were informed by the manufacturer that there was no problem with the GPU.

Back