• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black sreen? Video Card dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amaesing

Registered
Hey guys, I changed my kr7a-raid chipset fan to a thermaltake blueorb, and when I power up, and have a black screen, nothing comes on. I get all fans working, I get the green lights, but no start up? Is my video card the prob? It's a radeon 7500 oem, I overclocked it with powerstrip to 258/260 I think, somewhere around there, been working fine, but maybe it died. I completely checked everything out, took everything out and placed them back, still the same. The green lights along with the yellow on top of the green means that everything is fine, and the mobo is not dead? I'll probably buy another v-card to test, then return it if that's the culperate.

amaesing said:
Hey guys, I changed my kr7a-raid chipset fan to a thermaltake blueorb, and when I power up, and have a black screen, nothing comes on. I get all fans working, I get the green lights, but no start up? Is my video card the prob? It's a radeon 7500 oem, I overclocked it with powerstrip to 258/260 I think, somewhere around there, been working fine, but maybe it died. I completely checked everything out, took everything out and placed them back, still the same. The green lights along with the yellow on top of the green means that everything is fine, and the mobo is not dead? I'll probably buy another v-card to test, then return it if that's the culperate.
Check to see if you mounted the video card properly. If the VCard is dead because the failure was aused by your mod then you have no right to RMA that.

I'm not going to rma the card, just gonna get another card to test, if the card is the problem, then I'll return the card that I tested and find it cheaper else where, but How do I know infact that a video card is dead?

amaesing said:
I'm not going to rma the card, just gonna get another card to test, if the card is the problem, then I'll return the card that I tested and find it cheaper else where, but How do I know infact that a video card is dead?
Sorry:beer: Did you check to see if it was installed properly? Sometimes the HSF could be large enough the it just might not go into the slot properly. Aslo try clearing the CMOS just to cover all the bases. The only way to check would be to try it out on another system.

I tried the cmos, and don't have another pc to test on, using a mac right now. And i've insert and reinsert the card bunch of times. I didn't change the video card's hsf, I changed the chipset on the mobo, but I put the stock back to see if that would change anything. Gonna go get another card this week to test, but just would like to know anything else there is before I get the card.

NB hsf

Maybe the blorb fins were shorting on the little resistors and capacitors near the chipset.... I used a hsf that was too big on my AK31's NB and that board is now toast. I got no POST, all fans and leds powered up, single long beep. Best thing you could do is find someone or a computer shop where you can test your parts out. cpu, video card, ram, mobo... would be the things I'd try to test out in another machine.

My kr7a-raid is gone, and now I have another one replacing it. Works fine now, and better than ever. I guess it was the borb that possibly fried the chipset some how, dunno, but got my board replaced for a new one. Life is great now.

Back