• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blank screen, can't boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have all chipset and drivers installed and updated to lastest versions ( I think, I donwloaded from websites + I clicked update in driver settings page on all the drivers my computer has).
I can try fresh clean install, however is there any way to preserve software and games I installed? so I don't have to redownload hundreds of gb again.

You can do a refresh of Windows and choose the "Keep all programs and data" option during installation but it won't be as effective as wiping the partitions and doing a true clean install.

To test the theory however, you can create an image of the current system with Macrium Reflect free on external media (USB hard disk or large flash drive) and restore it exactly like it is if the clean install doesn't correct the issues you are having. Just make sure you allow Macrium to create a Rescue disk on optical media when prompted. You would need this to boot off of and find the image you created on backup storage.

Back