• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blast from the Past

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
For all you hardcore AMD guys and gals out there......that have been around awhile. :p

I want to know what is a safe voltage in OC for a K6-2 475mhz. I'm tryin to get it stable at 2.6 volts, but it crashes in SiSoft benchmarks. Can I go higher with a relative amount of saftey? I got killer cooling on the chip....well maybe not killler, but more than adequate (myXP2000 stock HS/F). And to be honest I really don't care if I fry it -ShOcKeR !! I'm tryin to bust 3000 in 3DMark01

Those with prior experience only need reply

Thanks !!

bldegle2

heatsink

'well maybe not killler, but more than adequate (myXP2000 stock HS/F).'

not really adequate.

if you really want more, can the heatsink and strap at least an AX7 w/an 80mm fan.

the older ones need massive cooling because they run real hot.

don't know about your chip, but the 475's were running @95 FSB for a reason, they were that good of a clocker, and may have had some problems running 100FSB @stock voltages.

go for it.

baldy

:D

OP
El<(')>Maxi

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Running @ 2.8 vcore now.....yikes. Seem's stable and able to run benchmarks ok. SiSift gives me a CPU temp of 28.6, not sure if thats accurate. The MB Hardware monitor says 31.1 just after running a BM. So can I lower my memory timings when the chip is OC'd or do I have to back off on them? Will migration be more prominent now?