• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bleed/tubing issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


Mar 19, 2001
i finally found some ball valves and instant fittings that i thought would make my installation more professional and convienent. here is the problem.

the ball valves are max tube o.d. of 3/8" with quick push fittings. i have dangerden block and rad that have barbs or tubes that are 3/8" o.d. the instant fittings lend themselves to a fimmer tube the barb softer tube.

would there be any adverse issues with changing tube type and firmness...eg polypropylene to polyethylene? and from 3/8 outter thru the bleed kit to 1/2 outter thru the rest?
you shouldnt use the soft vinyl tubing in the push type quick connects ,they are made for hard polyethelene tubing only , however you can heat uup the hard tubing and slip it on the hose barbs while its soft
actually you can use softer tubing with end reinforcements...as per the specs. in any case, i would probably just merge the two systems with a coupler (barb on one side and quick connect on the other).

i wasnt aware you could heat up polypropolene tubing for barb connections. does this form a reliable water tight connection??? sounds iffy. especially jumping from 3/8 o.d. tube to 3/8" barb.

what about the issue of changing sizes? is this a problem?