• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bleeding (t-line)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maskedgeek said:
it takes a while;)
Exactly, it will actually take a day or 2 to get ALL the air out. After a few hours, you can cap the T and use the computer, the air will bleed on it's own, no intervention necessary, just make sure you have enough water in the T.

damn so i quess my waiting 15 min is why its not working LOL.

so if i take out the line from the intake on the pump put it in a bucket to fill it after its full and most the air out put the tube back on the pump then fill put a little water in the tline so its like half full and give it a few hours and cap it so its air tight i should be all good?

thanks its all setup just air in it (I Broke my damn heater core!!! so i got a new 1 from a cutlass.

Depending on the system, I've seen a few people have luck with kinking the hose, then immediately releasing. Basically "surging" the waterflow. Sometimes helps to move the trapped air pockets.

ThePunkGeek, I just put a water system together two days ago, I followed the same plan you just said, and it worked fairly well. I gave the rad and blocks a few shakes and inversions to help get all the air out.
There is still some more in it though so it does take a while.

You can try all of the above. What I did the last time I drained mine to redo the hosing. my first priority was getting the heater core as FULL as possible from the get go. If you don't it'll have some air at it's highest point and it'll sound like a waterfall! Neat huh? well not really, it hurts the flow and takes absilutly FOREVER to correct on it's own!

Keep in mind pump on or off, air pockets will settle at the highest point they can get to, so try and keep the T(res whatever) at the highest point. Unfortunatly if you're like me your T is at the lowest point ;) Have no fear just "angle" the top so that the air pockets get caught at the 90 bend in the T until most of the air is out. Surging the lines dose help. Especially if you get air stuf in say you waterblock.

I advise strongly against surging if your having the "waterfall heatercore" effect I talked about earlier. All that will happen is water will splash that much more and create more air bubbles in the heater core.

Try twisting and turning your entire setup To fill the hardest parts, completly before starting to get the air out. It's easier to fill the ehater core and water blocks up with water BEFORE you start fighting with air than after.

It's far easier to add water in the beginning that not having enough in the lines once you're going and then have to add more.

Maby I've helped, maby not. I didn't read manyother posts, so I hope that I didn't jsut reiderate what every1 else said. <g>

-Toysrme

what i did was put it in my case and went to school with the t-line cap off and the pump running. When i came home there were only a few bubbles left and i shook the case to try and loosen up the air bubbles. THis worked and then i just let it run for another day or so and it finally got all of the bubbles out. Good luck, and be patient

-Andrew

Back