• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blockbuster 19.99 for 30days 3rentals at a time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el

B&M only! good deal you can rent 3 at a time so with 5% tax if you are good

20.99/90= less than a quarter a flix!

also 15.74/60= 26cents so still a good deal.

cancel anytime so use 30 days and then cancel.

AK50

Yea it's a good deal if you like movies. Mine wasn't that price it was $25 with only 2 rentals at a time. Keep them as long as u want than return em and get some more. I like the deal.

Dermen

How long do you get to pay 19.99 and get 3 out at a time? Thier usuall price is 24.99 and you only get 2. So I'm wondering if its some deal where you get the first few months for less then it goes back to normal price.

Drec

hmm ive been doing this deal for a few months...been paying $30 for 3 out at a time.

OP
el

el

okay it is nationwide now so if you go in and complain they will give you two five dollar GC.

quit anytime in 30 days is good before price jumps back to 29.99 for 3 and 24.99 for 2 at a time.

you can rent 3 in the morning/return them in 6 hours rent 3 more/return in 5 minutes if you don't like them and keep coming back in until you have rented every movie they stock.

Drec

theres also that netflix place..they overnight the movies to you, and give you prepaid envolopes to send them back...its like 25$ a month for 3 out at a time. (incase you dont got a blockbuster around you) www.netflix.com

Disco_Stu

dont support blockbuster. they gouge you at every chance. 100% interest (auto rechecking late movies, they got sued for it), taking people to small claims court for late fees (i know 2 people this happened to, one of them for 9$).

Dont rent from blockbuster.

Use Netflix, you dont even have to drive to the store to return movies. just drop them in the mail.

tylerhskate

My uncle uses Netflix and he likes it alot, when i get me that LG dvd burner im gonna subscribe to Netflix i like their service alot...My parents HATE blockbuster because of how expensive they are..its like 6 bucks to rent a Xbox game lmfao

OP
el

el

people I haven't rented from them for 8.5 years because they are crappy!

A good deal is a good deal 20bucks for 90movies or

15 for 60ish!

Boomstick

Netflix rocks! They have many different plans. Also all of netflix movies are widescreen, versus BB which is ussually full screen. Thats a big deal to me, but maybe not for you.

toastedzergling

Netflix loses money on people who rent more than 7 movies a month (3 out plan), the better they serve (faster turnaround times) the more they lose, if you are a heavy renter you will eventually get throttled.

Dermen

Netflix also doesn't overnight your movies. It usually takes 2-3 days for them to get to you, and another 2-3 days for them to get them back. I tried the netflix free 2 week trial. Most of the time it would take 4 days to get another movie once I dropped one in the mail box. If I remember right I rented 8 movies in those 2 weeks. I mailed a few of them back the same day I recieved them, and all the rest were mailed the day after I got them. And when I dropped them in the box I made sure it was before the mail pick up for that day. Except 1 movie, it sat in the box overnight.

Also, blockbuster has an online rental thing just like netflix. Except you get 4 movies out at a time for the same price as netflix. Plus they have a full month free trial. Its http://www.filmcaddy.com

I'm going to try them all then choose. I wish they gave you a free trial of moviepass though.

KfistoRok

I get pretty good rentals from some small stores at college. Just over $3 for three days. At BB you can't get a game for under $6. Well at least they are changing now.

disk11

^I have one near my school that does $1 a day DVDs, the only drawback is the selection is kinda small, but still not too bad.

ME-B chill

Registered
this blockbuster deal is awesome!!!!, i haven't even been in one of their stores for over a year but when i saw this posted i decided to check it out. i have had it for 3 days and so far i have rented 15 movies... i was really lucky too because they charged me 19.99plus tax and today i went in and they gave me 10 gift card b/c i guess they were supposed to charge me full price 29.99 and give the card. i am going to do the free month then cancel, give the gift card to my gf and have her try the free trial. also i think if you get a buddy to sign up they give you 10 for a referral :cool: